Thread: New PSU - TriCaster 460

New PSU - TriCaster 460

Hi...

I'm about to change our powersupply for our TriCaster 460 to a new one (the fan makes an annoying sound a few minutes after startup).
    We recently got a new PSU from our reseller (sent to them from NewTek).
    What I can see now is that our old PSU is 500W, and the new recommended is a 430W. How come?

According to the specs for the TC 460 it says 430W, but why was there a 500W installed in the first place?
    Is there a reason there is a "hardware downgrade" of the PSU?

Best regards

/Frippe

Quote Originally Posted by frippe77 View Post
    Hi...

I'm about to change our powersupply for our TriCaster 460 to a new one (the fan makes an annoying sound a few minutes after startup).
    We recently got a new PSU from our reseller (sent to them from NewTek).
    What I can see now is that our old PSU is 500W, and the new recommended is a 430W. How come?

According to the specs for the TC 460 it says 430W, but why was there a 500W installed in the first place?
    Is there a reason there is a "hardware downgrade" of the PSU?

Best regards

/Frippe
    There are times where part changes occur because a supplier it out of stock and another brand/model needs to be substituted. The TC460 probably only uses ~125 watts normally, so 430W supply is multiple times more than what is needed for operation. It not like a 500w power supply made the system run faster, just allowed more power *IF* the unit had need of it.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kanep.
    The old PSU is replaced and we're going start up the system shortly (after re-gluing all the SATA-connectors), however with your info I feel quite calm...

/Frippe