Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Rescue frame buffer before aborting an F9 render?

  1. #1
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,558

    Rescue frame buffer before aborting an F9 render?

    While staring at my screen during an F9 render, I wonder if it is possible to save the contents of the frame buffer before aborting the render process?

    Elapsed Time > 12 minutes, still 87% to go, the result already looks useful.
    These 12 minutes are lost if I press the Abort button.

  2. #2
    I asked for that few times in past but currently not possible .
    RAM-Studio
    WS - Dual Xeon E5-2698v4/128GB/Win10x64/x TitanX(M) + 2x GTX 1080Ti + GTX 1080
    My LWM Video Car Modeling Tutorial

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    While staring at my screen during an F9 render, I wonder if it is possible to save the contents of the frame buffer before aborting the render process?

    Elapsed Time > 12 minutes, still 87% to go, the result already looks useful.
    These 12 minutes are lost if I press the Abort button.
    Limited region?

  4. #4
    TrueArt Support
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    7,883
    Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    Elapsed Time > 12 minutes, still 87% to go, the result already looks useful.
    These 12 minutes are lost if I press the Abort button.
    Print screen key?

  5. #5
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I asked for that few times in past but currently not possible .
    I can only hope that things have changed in the 2019.x version.

  6. #6
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by peebeearr View Post
    Limited region?
    I could re-render of course but that would be a waste of time and resources.
    The advantage of a rescue during infinite refinements of the renderer is that the intermediate result can still be useful for other purposes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Print screen key?
    Good idea. When I take off my glasses I wouldn't see any difference!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by vncnt View Post
    I could re-render of course but that would be a waste of time and resources.
    The advantage of a rescue during infinite refinements of the renderer is that the intermediate result can still be useful for other purposes.
    You mentioned that you did an F9 render.... How is an F9 render infinite refinement? Yes, the VPR preview is, kind of, but then you are limited to screen resolution.

  8. #8
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,558
    XXL AA settings.

    This method could be used to produce the best quality within time budget.

  9. #9
    Registered User Oldcode's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    395
    The Windows Snipit tool might also be useful here.

    Good luck.

  10. #10
    Super Member vncnt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,558
    I think this should be a standard feature in Layout.
    Especially for high dpi print jobs.

  11. #11
    Remember fprime? Fond memories. Render fast save and leave it baking whenever you have time
    www.bytehawk.net

    1 : Imac 27’ I7 mid 2017 8Gb ram

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •