Thread: HDMI/DVI Output on TC Mini Not working since update

HDMI/DVI Output on TC Mini Not working since update

Hi,

Has anyone had this problem as well since the most recent AE3 update on the TCMini:

1. The HDMI and DVI output work perfectly when in Windows - IE the grey NewTek desktop shows on the monitor.
    As soon as you enter into TC, the output is simply blank. ticking or un-ticking the Display A / Display B boxes makes no difference.

2. The %DL does not work - I believe this has been discussed in a previous post.

Looking forward to any assistance.

Nino

Hi Nino,

Unfortunately, with AE3 the "Display Ports" are no longer supported on TriCaster. You do have physical outputs 1 and 2, and 4 NDI output mixes. You could of course use splitters on outputs 1 and 2 to get serve more displays, but if you need more than 2 unique video sources output from TC, you do have 4 total output mixes via NDI so you could convert the NDI back to video and replace the Display Ports that way. Just a different way of getting there.

Thanks

Jeff
    Last edited by JPulera; 06-14-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by Malapati View Post
    2. The %DL does not work - I believe this has been discussed in a previous post.
    I'm aware that this is busted in the Streaming Config filename area. But if you're seeing it anywhere else, please add details - thanks!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve,

Yes this is in the normal record filename area.
    We usually set the it to record the session name and then add "Mix" or "Cam01" or "Cam02" after. (ie %Session Title Name%_MIX)
    The file name now gets saved as "Company-Team name here_MIX"

I have attached some pics to help explain. Please let me know if this helps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC01.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	488.3 KB 
ID:	145334Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC02.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	205.4 KB 
ID:	145335Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC03.jpg 
Size:	317.2 KB 
ID:	145336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TC04.jpg 
Size:	734.8 KB 
ID:	145337

Quote Originally Posted by Malapati View Post
    The file name now gets saved as "Company-Team name here_MIX"
    "Company-Team name here" is the default value for %Session Title Name%. I think you have simply confused this with the similar but different %Session name% key.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    "Company-Team name here" is the default value for %Session Title Name%. I think you have simply confused this with the similar but different %Session name% key.
    FYI, the "%Session Title Name%" along with "%Session Title Description%" & "%Session Title Image%" keys can be edited in Manage>Configure DataLink Keys on the screen before you start Live.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post

DOH - quite the embarrassing mistake ... could have sworn that it always used to be "Session Title Name" ... Thanks a mill for the correction!