So, I've been having consistent issues with the NDI mobile application. Specifically getting it to have a smooth frame-rate. I was able to document it over various situations and even work with a colleague who has a commercial grade network. Contacting support about the issue, they came back after several dialogs and providing video of the issue, they stated that they are the support department and handle Tricaster systems so I should go here instead of using the link that is located on the application support page.

(All wifi tests were done using both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands on a non-congested network and area)

Windows and Mac Scan Converter -> 1080p30 -> WiFi NDI is great (Monitor, OBS, Wirecast)
Windows and Mac Scan Converter -> 1080p60 -> Ethernet is great (Monitor, OBS, Wirecast)
Mobile 720p30 -> WiFi -> Unusable due to FPS and stuttering
Mobile 640x360 (Low quality) -> WiFi -> Usable but terrible resolution.
Mobile ??? -> Ethernet connection through Hub (to provide power) -> Crashes the NDI application on mobile device
Mobile 720p30 -> USB-C to USB-A adapter -> Ethernet dongle -> Usable

This seems to me like it's a bandwidth issue as a whole. Interestingly, even with extremely lower bandwidth situations like that of going through Hamachi as a proxy, NDI does function (at a low rate) and it shows up. But the mobile device needs to be placed on a massive WiFi connection before it is available to choose as an option both with low quality more or high. As a hunch, I would assume this is because you're still using the original protocol for it and not the lower bandwidth requirement of HX. I think, long term I can see about getting around this but it is a bit disheartening to know that what I hoped to have as solely a backup option for situations can't be so. Planning out the tech around it and requiring it to be connected to something that can (hopefully) be providing power to the device as well as Ethernet out (and use USB-C) is going to be a feat in and of itself. I was hoping to see this as a potential for a mobile camera for adding into layers with minimal effort. A "Oh crud, we need to get that shot ASAP, here's my camera, go run over and capture that!" device if you were.

My colleague in Australia is running a UniFi commercial system, here is the video of our conversation and the results in real time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fK37W-YaSqI

The first response after that video was sent to support was

Thanks for providing that insightful video displaying the issues with the NDI app. Though there is no news on development if there will be an NDI HX app in the future. If users are unable to get the app to work smoothly on their network, or unable to have the phone connected wired (which defeats the purpose, but other users have had success with only wired connections) then we recommend they get a refund. Apologies for the inconvenience with the app's functionality.
to which my response:
I'm not interested in a refund. Sure. 25$ is insane to pay for an app (let alone one that doesn't work as intended) but I'm also interested in see the evolution of this. You've had the same application released for 4 years now with no updates. NDI is fast becoming an industry standard among broadcasters, both professionally and with high level hobbyists. Getting it to work with a wired connection, as you stated, defeats the purpose but it is possible to get with the low quality mode. When I have seen it used in the wild, I notice that people are in fact using it in low quality mode. That 640x480 does seem to be fine with solid networks. It just seems odd to me that we have devices in our pockets that can handle recording in 4K, streaming in 1080p60 yet something like the NDI camera cannot provide 720p.

The fact that you, as the developers of the protocol, are stating instead of you looking into making the application (which people paid for) a viable continually developed resource, that I should just get a refund and stop trying.

You truly have a potentially amazing resource at your fingertips here. Modern phones have cameras in them that are now rivaling low end commercial grade sensors. Many of the cameras are not better than high level USB cameras. You have the technology and protocol to make NDI a best option for people yet you're choosing instead to recommend people to get a refund because you're not investing into continued development.
which was followed by them simply stating that this is not their area and that I should go here.