Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio Drop out issues, updated to latest version of AE and now whole system is crap

Audio Drop out issues, updated to latest version of AE and now whole system is crap

So frustrated, began having audio drop outs for no reason, then decided to update the TC 40 mini i have and now loads AE all funky and isnt useable. What the heck?????!!!!

I think it's going to take additional detail to figure this out. For starters, if you successfully installed a AE, presumably this is a TC Mini, not a TC40? Is the software you installed AE2, or Ae2? Then, what are the details of your audio source and setup. And where are you hearing dropouts? Is it on live output, in recordings, or both?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

it is on a live source from our sanctuary mixer, that was fine until two weeks ago, (no setup changes took place). Its TC MINI with AE2. The audio literally drops for 10-15 seconds, we have no limiters set on the audio inside the software. After updating since it has been a year since i did som AE wont load properly. Shows only half the of the GUI. shows no frames of the screen setup, just hollow spaces and looks weird.

Quote Originally Posted by TWOCLive View Post
    it is on a live source from our sanctuary mixer, that was fine until two weeks ago, (no setup changes took place). Its TC MINI with AE2. The audio literally drops for 10-15 seconds, we have no limiters set on the audio inside the software. After updating since it has been a year since i did som AE wont load properly. Shows only half the of the GUI. shows no frames of the screen setup, just hollow spaces and looks weird.
    Let's solve the UI issues first. This has been discussed in a few places in the forums lately, and the solution is to update the nVidia video card driver. If that works, let's continue on the audio issue.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

RE: Audio drop outs.

Make sure that the noise gates are disabled. I get this tech call all the time.
    -Jeff

My TriCaster Blog
    TriCaster Tally Lights

Gear Used: TC1, NC1 I/O, TC 460, TC Mini 4i, TS 100, TS 4000

More specifically on the nVidia situation, manually download the drivers from https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Look for the GT740 drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and when you install, select the basic install and NOT the "GeForce Experience.

You might possibly also need to update the Intel GPU drivers, which can be done with this tool - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rt/detect.html

In Audio settings, under your Input, select Processing tab and make sure that NOISE GATE is NOT selected. This option automatically MUTES the audio when volume is below a certain threshold and can result in awkward silences in the audio, removing all ambient noise/room tone.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    More specifically on the nVidia situation, manually download the drivers from https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Look for the GT740 drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and when you install, select the basic install and NOT the "GeForce Experience.

You might possibly also need to update the Intel GPU drivers, which can be done with this tool - https://www.intel.com/content/www/us...rt/detect.html

In Audio settings, under your Input, select Processing tab and make sure that NOISE GATE is NOT selected. This option automatically MUTES the audio when volume is below a certain threshold and can result in awkward silences in the audio, removing all ambient noise/room tone.

Thanks

Jeff
    Will do, thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

ok, will do.

Updated all suggested and GUI is fine, but audio is dropping and noise gate is not checked on any source. Audi feed is solid coming into my 4 channel mixer from main house board, and its not cutting out, just the audio in on the TC MINI. Any other thoughts?

I rolled back to the previous version before is saw this post. GUI is fine on previous version although I still the nvidia updated as recommended below. My audio cutting out is the HUGE issue. Is there an update to fix the front audio in jacks on the TC mini?

According to the Intel update tool, no audio drivers needed updating, only found a graphics update and i have done that.

Quote Originally Posted by TWOCLive View Post
    According to the Intel update tool, no audio drivers needed updating, only found a graphics update and i have done that.
    There are no audio drivers for Intel. Everything but the GPU drivers are handled in the software downloads from Newtek

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

There are no audio drivers for Intel. Everything but the GPU drivers are handled in the software downloads from Newtek

Thanks
    So what now? Does newtek have a fix for the front audio jack I’m having?

If no one else is having the same issue, could possibly be a hardware issue in the machine. Did you you say you had rolled back to previous Newtek software version? If so, and still had audio issues, that does lend itself to a hardware issue being the cause.

You could try a RESTORE and see if the audio works, and if it's fine then start updating Newtek software and GPU drivers again and see if audio keeps working. But if you Restore and it doesn't work...hardware (assuming input from mixer has been ruled out, verified good).

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera

If no one else is having the same issue, could possibly be a hardware issue in the machine. Did you you say you had rolled back to previous Newtek software version? If so, and still had audio issues, that does lend itself to a hardware issue being the cause.

You could try a RESTORE and see if the audio works, and if it's fine then start updating Newtek software and GPU drivers again and see if audio keeps working. But if you Restore and it doesn't work...hardware (assuming input from mixer has been ruled out, verified good).

Thanks
    Can I use the rear audio input for my audio source for cameras?

If you have a camera anywhere near your audio board that takes line audio, I would try feeding the line audio output from your board into an input on a camera and taking it in embedded in the camera video feed to the TriCaster. That might help you isolate the problem to the audio input hardware on the TriCaster itself.

Kris
    TriCasters: Mini, 410, 460, 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    Replay: 3Play 820
    CG: LiveText3 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast