Working with the fine folks at Advanced Lighting and Sound, they sent over an awesome button relabeling kit including blank tabs and new button labels. As I'm looking over the new buttons for AE3 on the 8000, I have a question about the reassigned LiveSet Shot buttons. Based on the info they sent, I'm deducing that buttons 1, 2, 3 and 4 are still used for Liveset shots, but it also says "Future 5 / 1", "Future 6/2", etc.. And there are new inserts that say 5/1, 6/2, etc.. So my question is; should I use the 5/1, 6/2, etc. inserts? And to trigger any LS shots assigned to 5-8, would we do something like SHIFT-5/1 to trigger LS shot 5? We do have LS shots assigned to 5 and 6, which is why I'm wondering. All of the other changes makes sense, although I'm annoyed the whole M/E Delegate bunch was turned into PTZ controls. Those were nice for making quick on-the-fly M/E adjustments.

The guys at ALS don't have an 8000 to mess with so I thought I'd ask the brain trust here for guidance. We purchased AE3 a couple of months ago and I'm eager to get it upgraded, but I wanted to make sure we had the buttons relabeled beforehand given the changes as not to confuse my operators.