Thread: Tricaster 8000 Receiving Choppy Video from NDI Connect Pro

Tricaster 8000 Receiving Choppy Video from NDI Connect Pro

Hello,

We own a Tricaster 8000 and the NewTek Connet Pro software (amongst many other NewTek goodies such as Sparks, 3Play, etc).

Tricaster 8000
    Advanced Edition 3
    Build: 7-0-190409C

NewTek Connect Pro
    Version 1-5-180308 (custom beta from a year ago, we have tried newer versions but they do not work properly with our ip streams from tennis courts here)

We use Connect Pro to convert many of our tennis court IP feeds into NDI, which we then switch inside the Tricaster. Newtek actually had to create a special beta version of Connect Pro a year ago to help solve a lot of our issues with the IP cameras here.

Everything has been fine & dandy up until today... the NDI signal in the Tricaster that we are getting from the Connect Pro laptop is VERY CHOPPY. However, I can pull up the same NDI Output from the laptop in NDI Monitor on another laptop and the video image plays perfectly fine! It's only on the Tricaster that I am getting choppy video. I've restarted / shut down both Tricaster & the Connect Pro laptop.

This was working just fine over a month ago when we had our last live production. We have not updated any software on either the Tricaster or Connect Pro (we still have to use this custom Beta of Connect Pro for audio to work correctly). The ONLY thing that has been done between the time we used the Tricaster last with Connect Pro was an installation of NDI IsoCorder Pro which was done on the same laptop as Connect Pro. Don't see how that software would interfere though? Especially if NDI Monitor still picks up the Output of Connect Pro and plays it back perfectly..

Our show is Wednesday and unfortunately we do not have Premium support for a timely answer on that end... I still did submit a support ticket though.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Nick

Quick update:

I think I have it working properly. Someone let me know if this would have made a difference...

I re-installed NDI Tools 3.8 on both the laptop and Tricaster. It's now playing NDI video on the Tricaster from Connect Pro flawlessly.

When we installed ISOCorder Pro on the laptop a few weeks ago, could that have installed newer NDI drivers that maybe caused the incompatibility? Now I wish I re-installed and checked one a time, because I don't know if re-installing on the laptop with Connect Pro OR re-installing on the Tricaster (NDI Tools 3.8) made the fix.

All good for now either way!

Quote Originally Posted by nshookla View Post
    Quick update:

I think I have it working properly. Someone let me know if this would have made a difference...

I re-installed NDI Tools 3.8 on both the laptop and Tricaster. It's now playing NDI video on the Tricaster from Connect Pro flawlessly.

When we installed ISOCorder Pro on the laptop a few weeks ago, could that have installed newer NDI drivers that maybe caused the incompatibility? Now I wish I re-installed and checked one a time, because I don't know if re-installing on the laptop with Connect Pro OR re-installing on the Tricaster (NDI Tools 3.8) made the fix.

All good for now either way!
    Each NDI application has it's own NDI library. Installing or updating one shouldn't have an affect on the others. I'm not sure why this made a difference (i'm glad it is working), but I wouldn't of expected it to make a difference.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.