Thread: IFW2 Textures now work in LW2019

IFW2 Textures now work in LW2019

I saw on a facebook post that the IWF2 nodes work in LW 2019 so I tried it and it was correct. First way to get them to work is if you go to the 3D and load the procedural texture you can find them there. The second way is if you use the Standard shader they will show up when you press the T table and add a Procedual. This is great news because I used these on every production I have done sense 2002. The are super useful. I can't wait to start using these for VDB effects and Valumetric effect and more. Also the new vowel system
    The LW Beast From the East

It is useful but severely lacking because we cannot use IFW nodes in the nodal texturing UI.

Well you can bring them in through the 3D presedural node. how is that different. You have all the controlls and it is connected to a node? I guess I an not seeing the difference. I agree its a little wierd but it is much better that totally losing them like we did in 2018.

I see you don't get Deformers, Geometric, Process, Regional, SpecialFX and Waveforms. Thats a bummer. but I am still happy to have to texture procedural's those are very useful.

Seriously,
    Don't be. It's a serious limitation.
    It is worth money! Everyone that owns it would pony up at least $50.00 for it. (Tell me you wouldn't...)

There must have been many a programming rule broken that we can't get them (IFW nodes) in the new paradigm. I am still hopeful that we will as Dpont seems to be on a roll with updates.

The interface as given is klunky and not a performanced, optimized way to work in LW. It's a sad hack, but not bad.

Not getting those things... " I " wonder that since Dpont is replacing/improving some things from the IFW collection, that he can replicate and replace all of the functionality of the IFW collection while adding some of the more wiley nodes available in other apps that we don't have. There are a lot. I have up to $500 on that.

A lot has been done under the skin of LW . Plugin-Writers for the changes need to engage and make new magic happen. Dollars will make a difference.

Can't make any promises, but our Beta/QA coordinator has been in touch with Richard Jennings and he's intrigued enough to be looking at the possibility of updating for the current version of LightWave.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Nice. Thanks Chuck.

Well all I have to say about that Chuck is too Richard Please, please please please please. I really did mean what I said this is the one plugin I have used on every project sense I first got it. I have most of the top plugins for LW and with out question this is the only one that is literally on every thing I do, some how somewhere. So if you didn't get my subtlety, PLEASE.....

My vote on this as well!

I'd be happy top see this too!
    Dave Williams
    Digital Sorcery Warehouse LLC

maybe look to intergrate it?

And maybe find a way to make it work with Octane ?

there is no sanctuary....
    That would be great, hope you can work something out with him!
    Bill Carey

I7 6700K 4.0 ghz
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    32gig Ram
    Nvidia GTX 980 4 gb 417.71
    LW 2019.0 x64
    Space Navigator