Thread: TC410 Plus vs. TC1 - Comparison chart?

TC410 Plus vs. TC1 - Comparison chart?

Is there some sort of chart comparing the differences/similarities between the TC410 Plus and TC1. Besides 4k, what are some of the other differences?

410 Plus vs TC1 has:

8 inputs vs 16
    1 Skype channel vs 2
    1x3TB internal hard drive vs 2x3TB
    2 SDI OUT vs 4 SDI OUT (the 2 SDI outputs on 410 Plus are each pairs, 2x2 SDI)
    2 DSK vs 4 DSK
    MEs are 2 Layers + 2 Keyers vs 4 Layers + 4 Keyers (re-entrant on both machines)
    5 Anim Buffers vs 10
    No animated COMPs on 410 Plus (unless you add Premium Access)
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    410 Plus vs TC1 has:

8 inputs vs 16
    It should be noted that there are 8 sdi connections on 410 to the 4 on the tc1.

Also the spec sheet lists the physical and ndi inputs as separate. Does that mean it can do 8 sdi and 8 ndi?

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    It should be noted that there are 8 sdi connections on 410 to the 4 on the tc1
    I don't think that's correct. Can you provide a link? I I'd like to double check this.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    I don't think that's correct. Can you provide a link? I I'd like to double check this.
    When I said 8 inputs vs 16, I was referring to the UI switcher panel (Prog + Preview rows). Both models have same 4 SDI inputs and 4 SDI outputs - the rear panel is the same on both units.

The difference is that TC1 offers MIXes 1-4 on the 4 corresponding SDI outputs, while 410 Plus offers only the MIX 1-2 outputs but with 2 SDI ports for each (paired on SDi outs 1+3 and 2+4). Note that on 410 Plus you still get all 4 MIX outputs via NDI as with any other TriCaster, but with only the 2 physical output mixes.

Hope that clarifies.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera

This was based on conversations I had NAB after the announcement. Seems things were lost in translation. Reading the spec sheet on the NewTek website it lists them as 8 external inputs (not specifically SDI) from there the 8 could be all NDI or a mix of NDI and the SDI (4x in?) But either way it is not to exceed a total of 8?

Jeff's description is correct, although I'm not 100% certain there are 4 unique mixed NDI outputs on 410 Plus. I'll try to check this out shortly.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Jeff's description is correct, although I'm not 100% certain there are 4 unique mixed NDI outputs on 410 Plus. I'll try to check this out shortly.
    I looked at my 410 Plus system and there are 4 unique MIX outputs available via NDI. Only MIX 1 and 2 are available via the SDI ports on the back of the unit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	410UI.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	145174
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Current TriCasters with AE, including Mini, will all have 4 NDI outputs, being the 4 MIX outputs. Also, any camera physically connected to an HDMI or SDI input is also automatically available as NDI out. So on all the 4-input TriCasters (Mini, 410, 460, 410 Plus, TC1) the 4 wired inputs are also NDI outs, plus the 4 MIX outs, so that is 8 NDI outputs. Yes, there are also the 2 or 4 physical outputs on TC (depending on model) but those are duplicates of MIX outputs so do not count as "extra" outputs. 8 total.

Note sure about 860/8000 AE machines, do all 8 inputs get converted to NDI? Assuming so, adding the 4 MIX outputs to those 8 makes 12 NDI outputs. Not that you could access all 12 at once though, would likely overwhelm the network, but they are "available".

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera