Thread: 2018.0.7 / LightWave F10 render stuck in "Deforming Mesh" after a couple of frames

2018.0.7 / LightWave F10 render stuck in "Deforming Mesh" after a couple of frames

As the title says. I'm rendering 200 frames of a complex mesh deformation using nodal displacement. In LW 2018.0.3, Layout crashed with a BSOD every 20 frames or so. Now I upgraded to LW 2018.0.7, and the BSODs were gone. I rendered an entire sequence without any problems.

I'm doing the entire sequence from a differrent camera angle now, but now the Renderer gets stuck in the "Deforming Mesh" stage every 20 frames or so. The app is still responsive (you can click "Abort", for example), but the rendering doesn't continue. Once I clicked abort, I can restart the render. Then it renders the frame it was previously stuck on just fine.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deforming_mesh_stuck.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	418.1 KB 
ID:	145157

Any ideas? Looks like a memory leak issue to me.

Hmm... could be a memory leak. Have you tried this scene in LW2019?
    Senior Technical Supervisor
    Cinematics Department
    Massive - A Ubisoft Studio
    -----
    Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4GHz
    16GB Ram
    GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
    Windows 10 Pro x64

It's weird. It seems to happen depending on a camera angle. From other angles the sequences are rendered fine. BTW here's the result: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...argate-Kawoosh