Thread: NDI Output channel name

NDI Output channel name

Is there a VLC command line to specify NDI channel name? Currently the the NDI output from VLC is being read as VLC among the list of NDI sources. Can I specifically define the channel name?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by user243 View Post
    Is there a VLC command line to specify NDI channel name? Currently the the NDI output from VLC is being read as VLC among the list of NDI sources. Can I specifically define the channel name?

Thanks.
    I'm not aware of a method to change the NDI channel name in VLC Player.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by user243 View Post

Thanks.
    Whilst it may be overkill for the simple task above - for anyone else finding this thread and wanting a facility-wide mechanism for this sort of thing (and other routing functions), Sienna NDI Router can offer you virtual outputs (which you can freely name) and which can be routed from any source. The 'Nice Name' mechanism in NDI Router allows you to name your virtual router outputs as you wish, and these are reflected across router panels, and even inside the channel strips of Tricaster, TC1, VMC software and hardware.

NDI Router can be controlled using the Web Interface, ProBel compatible control panels and software, and BlackMagic Design router control software apps, and hardware panels.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndirouter.html

Video

Quote Originally Posted by livepad View Post
    Whilst it may be overkill for the simple task above - for anyone else finding this thread and wanting a facility-wide mechanism for this sort of thing (and other routing functions), Sienna NDI Router can offer you virtual outputs (which you can freely name) and which can be routed from any source. The 'Nice Name' mechanism in NDI Router allows you to name your virtual router outputs as you wish, and these are reflected across router panels, and even inside the channel strips of Tricaster, TC1, VMC software and hardware.

NDI Router can be controlled using the Web Interface, ProBel compatible control panels and software, and BlackMagic Design router control software apps, and hardware panels.

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndirouter.html

Video

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes, as you stated, it will be an over kill. If I understand correctly, NewTek developed the NDI plugin for VLC. If this is the case maybe they can include an option to define the channel name in the next version of the plugin, so that if a machine is running 10 instances of VLC, then each instance can be explicitly named which will be the NDI name.