Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting a Volume primitive item shape to a VDB volume?

Hi,
    Nah, shan't attempt to explain my response to your liking.

But, to the gist of the thoughts you shared: there are so many available tools that what you seek probably can already be done. Seems, after being told it ain't happening, that you would do the right thing, put in your feature request and let it go at that.

The dead horse that is "this can't be done" won't get up no matter how much you continue to kick. And this is an OLD DEAD HORSE.

I understand... hope springs eternal.

Good luck with that.
    Robert
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,
    Nah, shan't attempt to explain my response to your liking.

But, to the gist of the thoughts you shared: there are so many available tools that what you seek probably can already be done. Seems, after being told it ain't happening, that you would do the right thing, put in your feature request and let it go at that.

The dead horse that is "this can't be done" won't get up no matter how much you continue to kick. And this is an OLD DEAD HORSE.

I understand... hope springs eternal.

Good luck with that.
    Robert

You donīt have to answer in attempt to my liking, just make it clear about the technology behind it and why it would be absurd to think it can be done, if you do not know the tech behind it..you shouldnīt talk about it in vague forms, or I Simple just canīt make any sense from it..and probably so for many others as well.

You mentioned there are tools out there that can do what I want etc...that is up the charts wrong, it doesnīt matter if it is houdini or blender that can do that, I Want Lightwaves cloud procedurals and how I work with those clouds to be the end product, NOTHING else currently anyway.

And..I know it was a question about hypervoxels to objects many many years ago, but this is different, this isnīt volumetrics to mesh, or mesh to volumetric ..this is volumetrics to volumetrics in VDB form, and it will not be derived from old hypervoxels either, and it will be in consideration that those many years ago, we didnīt have Any vdb tools in there, it started with 2018 and advanced with new VDB tools in lw 2019.

wether or not the LW team is skilled enough and motivated enough is one thing, and if it is purely technical possible another thing, I only care about knowing if it may be technically possible..the rest is up to the lw team and the community to
    work on if that is so.

Would be great to design your hero clouds with Lightwave procedurals and then send it to terragen, currently that is not in the schedule for terragen so far, but they are working the other way around..getting Terragen clouds out as VDB, Vue on the other hand ..now has import of VDB, so any vdb made cloud can be sent to VUE for rendering in there, from what I can see..these showcased samples of VDB clouds looks better than any metacloud and fractal together, at least for hero clouds etc.

Personally I feel that vue took the better step here, implementing VDB import so you can custom design your clouds and render in vue with full glory, rather than like Terragen focusing on Cloud export from Terragen to another main app.
    Both options would be great but I prefer the first mentioned method.

Currently I can get Blender smoke fluids in to Lightwave for clouds, or explosions or fire etc, and I can make geometry in Houdini and applyc cloudFX, or use cloud rig noise..or paint the clouds with an airbrush and then send all those types of clouds to Lightwave with VDB converting.
    What I need now is a way to export any type of volumetrics (mostly clouds) through VDB exports to either blender or Terragen, or vue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAPa-k99Ac0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12