Thread: Tricaster 450 Extreme - More than two network inputs possible?

Tricaster 450 Extreme - More than two network inputs possible?

Is it possible to run three simultaneous network inputs on the Tricaster 450 extreme? We would like to run three Spark-connected feeds from elsewhere on our campus to our control booth.

The TriCaster 450 Extreme doesn't support NDI, it will not accept video from Spark units. It also supports a maximum of two NET inputs at a time.

There is a upgrade promo going on right now where you can upgrade your TC450 system (or any TriCaster model) to a new TriCaster TC1 system which will do what you are looking for, not to mention offering many other new capabilities and features. Contact your NewTek dealer or rep for more details.
    https://www.newtek.com/promo/tc1-savings/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Unfortunately I'm in a public school, and my entire budget for 10 years wouldn't cover that cost, even with the discount. I have to make do with what was installed in the school when it was built in 2012.

Do I have any other options for sending a feed to our control room across campus?

Magewell is getting set to announce a new NDI > VIDEO converter box in June. I don't have a model number or pricing yet. But in theory, converting an NDI source back to SDI is what you need to get the signal into your older TriCaster. Might be other ways to make this happen which would require a separate PC with something like BlackMagic playout hardware and NDI coming into that PC would be converted back to SDI.

Thanks

Jeff

EDIT: Without NDI being used, there are certainly H.264 Encoders and Decoders such as those from DataVideo, Matrox, etc. that would also work (SDI > H.264 > SDI) to move video around campus
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Thanks so much for your help. We may be securing local sponsors to help cover the cost of the TriCaster TC1. Is that unit compatible with our existing control panel? It looks identical, but I'd like to be sure.

If not, do you have any suggestions for high quality Encoder/Decoders? We've currently got one in each classroom (for our projectors) and the quality is not so great. Resolution is fine, but bitrate seems low. We'd like minimal quality loss.

The 450 and control surface can go toward a TC1 and control surface under the current offer.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    The 450 and control surface can go toward a TC1 and control surface under the current offer.
    The way our budgeting works, we may not be able to do the trade-in offer. If we buy the TriCaster TC1, would it function with the control panel we currently have?

Quote Originally Posted by SchafferAndrew View Post
    The way our budgeting works, we may not be able to do the trade-in offer. If we buy the TriCaster TC1, would it function with the control panel we currently have?
    Yes, the older control surface will function, but some of the button will do different functions than what they labeled.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.