Thread: Question about audio from NDi sources...

Question about audio from NDi sources...

Howdy peeps,

Quick bit of bg here... I've been using a TC410 for 18 months now and have an audio issue I hope you may be able to help with.

I work for a university in the UK and apart from delivering web based learning using live video we are involved with our marketing groups in showcasing our facilities and MSc offerings.

So - with the latter we would have a 1hr live event from our studio and maybe x2 remote cameras to bring in to the mix (some of our facilities are huge, could be a wind tunnel or even part of an oil rig).

I use PTZ1 cameras for the location video with a Sennheiser wireless mic HH/lapel connected directly into the Newtek PTZ1.

The audio is clear and works a charm except for the occasional dropout. It never drops a video frame (at least that I can notice) but the audio drops are random in frequency and extremely annoying.

We have a very modern network infrastructure with absolutely crazy bandwidth and all my equipment is properly registered for all the different sub-nets.

Does anyone have any clues as to what maybe causing the audio dropouts?

We have had issues with intermittent NDI audio drops on a dedicated network as well. Have you thought about using Dante audio over your network? I know it ads another device and you have to purchase the upgrade for your TC410. However, Dante has worked great.

Well I’ll try anything to improve the situation but I know nothing about Dante. What do I need to buy to make this work?

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    If this is easily reproducible for you please file a bug report. For instructions on how to file a bug report please read this thread https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Reporting-Bugs.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call