Thread: AE2 recent update

AE2 recent update

So,

With all the headaches that Facebook has caused me, I finally was able to bite the bullet and do the most recent update for AE2.

However, the first time around, the process gave me an error message, at which time I cancelled and the processes said it backed out the changes. Ha, ha, it sure did but it didn't restore a working version of TC. In fact, it had totally erased the entire TC software suite (luckily I had a recent backup). The process wouldn't run again since it said that TC wasn't installed on the system.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	145029

SO, I restored back and the second update was uneventful.

BUT, once back up and running, very strange things had transpired.

1) The entire users interface is nearly black until I attempt to exit the session with an Alt-F4 (this then prompts to exit, which I cancel).

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	145026

2) There are many features that don't seem to work properly. In particular, the Stream button is strangely blank and the gear doesn't do anything (so I can't stream at all).

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	145028

3) The various ME MEMs have been reset back to some default.
    4) The switcher MEM doesn't come up.
    5) The color of the on-screen program and preview buttons are white rather than the usual green and red.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	320.3 KB 
ID:	145027

The above noted in existing sessions, newly created sessions with copied template AND (for the most part) in completely new session not generated from a template.

Any advise, in particular for #2, would be appreciated. The whole exercise was to stream to Facebook again.

Thank you!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Quote Originally Posted by fgolman View Post
    So,

With all the headaches that Facebook has caused me, I finally was able to bite the bullet and do the most recent update for AE2.

However, the first time around, the process gave me an error message, at which time I cancelled and the processes said it backed out the changes. Ha, ha, it sure did but it didn't restore a working version of TC. In fact, it had totally erased the entire TC software suite (luckily I had a recent backup). The process wouldn't run again since it said that TC wasn't installed on the system.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	934.4 KB 
ID:	145029

SO, I restored back and the second update was uneventful.

BUT, once back up and running, very strange things had transpired.

1) The entire users interface is nearly black until I attempt to exit the session with an Alt-F4 (this then prompts to exit, which I cancel).

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	145026

2) There are many features that don't seem to work properly. In particular, the Stream button is strangely blank and the gear doesn't do anything (so I can't stream at all).

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	145028

3) The various ME MEMs have been reset back to some default.
    4) The switcher MEM doesn't come up.
    5) The color of the on-screen program and preview buttons are white rather than the usual green and red.

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	320.3 KB 
ID:	145027

The above noted in existing sessions, newly created sessions with copied template AND (for the most part) in completely new session not generated from a template.

Any advise, in particular for #2, would be appreciated. The whole exercise was to stream to Facebook again.

Thank you!

Fritz Golman
    I was just about to do the same update. I'm worried now, we can't afford to miss a stream. ��

Anyone have any insights? I might roll back and blow off Facebook all together, not that I have any particular interest in that platform anyway (just that it represents an audience).

I just installed this update. I think you need to upgrade your nVidia GPU drivers to the latest version available (v430.64). I did a system restore on my TC460 back to Standard Edition, then updated this version of AE2. The only other things installed where IE11, FireFox and the latest nVidia GeForce driver. But I think the nVidia driver is what is causing the interface issues you are seeing.

I'm also streaming to Facebook using the Facebook streaming connection without any issues.
    Last edited by kanep; 05-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Ok, downloaded the latest video drivers and I confirmed that all is good now.

Back streaming to FB again!

Thank you!

Fritz Golman

This makes me nervous reading about this. I wish they would tell you what drivers exactly to install to avoid these kinds of problems when we do updates. I had the same problem a few months ago and it turned my tricaster into a paperweight.