Thread: Integrate Wordpad or something similar

Integrate Wordpad or something similar

Maybe I am missing something, but copying text for streaming keys would be easier if some Windows function like Wordpad were able to stay open during Tricaster operation. It would also help with copying supers, etc.

Clipboard space or some such cleverly named/functioning utility would be useful.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

There have been some suggestions over time, but one creative way to handle this would be to use an ascii text file in the DataLink watch folder and a dedicated title page as an ersatz clipboard. A DL key can hold text, or paragraph text, and multiple keys too. This would let you edit a file with notepad (or what have you) from another system on the network to transfer several strings at one time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

hmm, thanks for that.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

I wrote a tool called 'StreamID' that helps you transfer this information over from another computer. My site for these download is down at the moment, but it should hopefully be back up soon again.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    I wrote a tool called 'StreamID' that helps you transfer this information over from another computer. My site for these download is down at the moment, but it should hopefully be back up soon again.

http://bit.ly/kanesworld
    Kanesworld...excellent!
    Party time.
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

I used to like the old non AE way where the codes could be copied and pasted into the same window, was a major irritant when we went to AE, but it did push us into using static entry points as it was so good things came of it