Thread: Network rendering: AMD/Intel mix

Network rendering: AMD/Intel mix

Hello Lightwavers,

do somebody have a network rendering experience when it comes to mixing AMD and Intel machines?
    I have 2 intel-quadcores running win7 and plan to get a new one. And due to pricing I think of investing in a AMD machine running win10.

Your advice would be much appreciated,
    thanks in advance

wolfgang

back in the day it was recommended not to mix intel and AMD as they calculated things slightly differently which could actually give different looking renders, not sure how true this is today but in theory could still be an issue, shouldn't be an issue from the networking side.
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

As long as there is an opportunity for a mixed-scenario to go wrong, I'm not gonna go this road.
    Thanks for the reply!

Newbie Member
    That problem was a really long time ago.
    My render farm has always had a mixture of intel and amd I use what is the most bang for the buck.
    Right now that is a threadripper and 3 other 6 core intel machines.
    I rendered out over 6000 frames for an animation job last summer and did not have one single problem.

Ah thank for this usefull information.
    Eddy Marillat - PIXYM
    WS : MB ASUS X299-Pro/SE - i9 7980XE 2,6ghz 18C/36T - 32GB Ram- 2 GTX 1080 TI - Win 10 64
    GPU Net Rig : MB Biostar - Celeron 2,8 ghz 2C/2T - 8GB Ram - 2 RTX 2080 TI - Win 7 64