Thread: Premium Access V2 on 8000?

Premium Access V2 on 8000?

I'm a little confused.

I thought that Premium Access features were only available on TC1 and IP series.

However I noted on the download page that it says that PA works on 410, 460, 860 and 8000 as well. Drilling down to the details page, only a couple of the features seem to me limited now (KVM).

Am I to understand that live panel, in particular, will work on my 8000? How about Live Graphics?

This would be awesome!

Thanks!

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Premium Access features are definitely coming to XD series systems. Depending on the age of the system, and more specifically the graphics card in it, you may find it works quite well, or struggles a bit if you load it up with a lot of resource demands ... but mostly it should be fine, including both LP and LG.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

This is great.

So it begs the question, though, is it available today?

Thanks!

Fritz

This reminds me of that old Campbell's soup commercial ("Is it soup yet?"). Sorry, but it isn't quite there yet, Fritz.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Steve,
    After updating to AE3, we got an email with a code that gave us a free year of Premium Access. (AWESOME).
    We went ahead and registered and downloaded - which effectively started our free year.
    We have installed it (yesterday), but not yet used it on our 460AE3. Are you saying the current version of Premium Access doesn't work on older AE3 models?
    Should we have waited for the PA v2 to start our free year?

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Andrew, I'm honestly not 100% sure, but I doubt that AE2 on an XD system will support PA. You might want to check that with CS, see if something can be done to make up for the time.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Andrew, I'm honestly not 100% sure, but I doubt that AE2 on an XD system will support PA. You might want to check that with CS, see if something can be done to make up for the time.
    Actually, we upgraded to AE3, so I was curious about that.
    I know that AE3 has brought with it many changes to older machines like our 460, so I just wasn't sure if PA v1 was compatible.

I will check with CS on it!

Andrew

ps - Did you get a weekend?
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    Actually, we upgraded to AE3, so I was curious about that
    Sorry, I think that was a typo - I meant to write AE3. As in, 'I suspect that the original release of PA will not work with AE3, but the next one will'. I may, however, be wrong.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Sorry, I think that was a typo - I meant to write AE3. As in, 'I suspect that the original release of PA will not work with AE3, but the next one will'. I may, however, be wrong.
    I can't remember a time when you have been wrong about this stuff!
    Testing today...

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11

Oh, stick around - I try to be wrong at least once per day!
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

460AE3 - 192429
    PA version 1

new virtual sets added (YEA)
    Only Preview PTZ Presets and Resources are available in the 'Live Panel' web page (bummer)

Looks like we will need to wait until PA v2 for all the goodies (old and new ones)

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11

So, when can we expect PA v2 to be released for TC8000? I’m especially excited for LiveKey Ultra. Hopefully this will work on 8000 as well as the newer hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Folke View Post
    So, when can we expect PA v2 to be released for TC8000? I’m especially excited for LiveKey Ultra. Hopefully this will work on 8000 as well as the newer hardware?
    I'm sure it will.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

For those of you who got the free year of PA (currently V1) when you upgraded to AE3, here is what I was told by Customer Support regarding PA V2 and the new features:

It is important to note that we will not extend the PA license time frame. The Promo you qualified for is for the current version of PA available at the time of your AE3 purchase. You will receive any future feature sets for PA during the 1 year subscription time frame, but not all features are available for every model type.

So if you are looking for some of the PA V2 features, you might want to hold off registering and starting your free year of PA until the new version drops.
    We asked CS if we could reset our year to start with PA V2 and the basically said no.

Our challenge is that we don't really have a need for the existing features but will absolutely want the benefits of some of the V2 ones.
    Just wanted to make folks aware BEFORE they get too excited and register their PA!

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog Records View Post
    For those of you who got the free year of PA (currently V1) when you upgraded to AE3, here is what I was told by Customer Support regarding PA V2 and the new features:

It is important to note that we will not extend the PA license time frame. The Promo you qualified for is for the current version of PA available at the time of your AE3 purchase. You will receive any future feature sets for PA during the 1 year subscription time frame, but not all features are available for every model type.

So if you are looking for some of the PA V2 features, you might want to hold off registering and starting your free year of PA until the new version drops.
    We asked CS if we could reset our year to start with PA V2 and the basically said no.

Our challenge is that we don't really have a need for the existing features but will absolutely want the benefits of some of the V2 ones.
    Just wanted to make folks aware BEFORE they get too excited and register their PA!
    I am in the same boat as you. I purchased the AE3/PA upgrade promo solely to get access to LivePanel on my 410. After installing AE3 I activated PA and then found out that the software that will make this work on the 410 is not even released yet. What really irks me is that there is no mention on the Premium Access page that these features are still unavailable for the older lines. In fact, the opposite is implied since some features specifically have notes or flags indicating that they are coming soon or limited to certain models. Overall, the NewTek site is very unclear about which features apply where and whether advertised features have actually been released.

I followed Steve Bowie's advice to contact CS regarding a possible subscription reset but was pushed off to someone else who has not responded. I have a feeling I'm going to get the same "tough luck" reply.