Thread: We need a sunsky sunmotion modifier for sunlight-Lensflare issues.

We need a sunsky sunmotion modifier for sunlight-Lensflare issues.

I was messing around a lot with volumetrics/physical sky/sunlight and lensflares..

Heres the issue, while the new sunlight and physical sky is quite nice..and perhaps more accurate than dpontīs sunsky and sk_sun....I got a sun with nice volumetrics, so I just needed that extra sunflare.
    There is however not any tool that connects the lensflare when activated to the new 2019 sunlight, I did try the sunspot modifier and it didnīt work out so well, not when interactively moving the location of the sun..seem to be glitchy and doesnīt follow properly..and you can only use location settings to tweak your desired sun position.

The solution was to install dpontīs latest sunsky (2018) seem to work in 2019 though, and what I did was to simply use the sunsky motion modifier..but keeping the lightwave 2019 physical sky and sunlight.

Now..problem solved, but I think Lightwave needs a way to activate a proper lensflare follower to the sun natively, if you do not know about this trick ..Lightwave will not be a very smooth experience with this in mind.

If you use a 'sun' light, with visible to camera, instead of the 'sun dot' in the physical sky (and set the radius of the sun in physical sky to 0), you can just attach a lens flare to that light. I'll double check but that should work properly... If not, I'll file a bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobian View Post
    If you use a 'sun' light, with visible to camera, instead of the 'sun dot' in the physical sky (and set the radius of the sun in physical sky to 0), you can just attach a lens flare to that light. I'll double check but that should work properly... If not, I'll file a bug report.
    Radius?

there is no radius setting, there is only size settings.

But...I tried it and it doesnīt do anything, the lensflare doesnīt follow the light when moving..that was the point.
    As mentioned..a workaround is to install and use the sk_sun motion modifier, but keeping the sunlight and physical sky,the lensflare will follow correctly if you set a lagre enough distance.