Thread: PTZ controls and presets panel disappears on tricaster Mini AE3 Input tab

PTZ controls and presets panel disappears on tricaster Mini AE3 Input tab

While currently performing a live event recording on a tricaster Mini with Advanced Edition 3, the PTZ controls and presets panel have disappeared from the input tools tab and will not reappear even when I click on PTZ controls. during the program record I'm trying to access the PTZ controls many times but to no avail. I have just the one preset I had set up before the event started and can not make any changes to the camera orientation. How do I recover this control?

I'm not sure how this is possible. Are you not seeing the PTZ Presets header in the Input Config panel's Input tab at all?
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Correct. The presets panel no longer shows up on input one that has one of our PTZ cameras as a source. The video from the camera is coming through, but the control panel is completely missing from the input tab. We have reached a breaking our program and will try rebooting the tricaster to see if that will recover the PTZ control panel. I am new to using Advanced Edition 3, and this was a very nasty surprise while producing a live event.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E. View Post
    Correct. The presets panel no longer shows up on input one that has one of our PTZ cameras as a source. The video from the camera is coming through, but the control panel is completely missing from the input tab. We have reached a breaking our program and will try rebooting the tricaster to see if that will recover the PTZ control panel. I am new to using Advanced Edition 3, and this was a very nasty surprise while producing a live event.
    So again, what I'm trying to make certain of is that it isn't just the ptz control panel that's missing, but its header - because the control panel itself might just be collapsed. Clicking on the header, or opening another control group in the same tab, closes the preset pane.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

It's the header as well. The drop-down with the PTZ presets is missing below the name / comment option in the input panel gadget.

We just rebooted the system twice. The first time when it went into the session it froze up and crashed. The second time got the session loaded and the tab with the PTZ presets was restored. I'm just afraid that once we resume the second half of the live event that the PTZ presets tab will again disappear and I will be left without any controls for the rest of the program. This never happened in AE2 with the controls conveniently located in the lower left quarter of the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony E. View Post
    It's the header as well. The drop-down with the PTZ presets is missing below the name / comment option in the input panel gadget.
    I've not seen anything like this, nor heard of it before - not to suggest it is impossible, of course, since obviously you have. If you see it again, please (!) do try to get a screen capture or just a cellphone snap, and open a bug case.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

I hope it doesn't present me with another opportunity to do so, but I will snap a pic if it happens again and send it in.

Sadly, if it happened once, history suggests it can happen again: https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...Reporting-Bugs
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

So far so good on the reboot. It's working as expected with full access to the PTZ presets and controls.