Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dynamite PRO v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    Dude - you may want to clarify what you're attempting to communicate. Apart from "I don't agree," i have no idea what you are trying to say. If it is some point about how we should all push for quality, then I would agree - however the above is simply my response to "Hey, does anyone know anything about this plugin?"
    I'm foolish for putting down the popcorn and joining in, but...

You need to quote (or at least read) the entire line if you have no idea what is being said:
    "i dont agree...for quality its not really anything you miss..[but in] regards to workflow there are some things."

(emphasis added to point out what you missed, or intentionally ignored)

The misunderstanding is completely yours. Let's lighten up and hug it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungho3D View Post
    ...however the above is simply my response to "Hey, does anyone know anything about this plugin?"
    However, nobody asked that question. You volunteered your opinion and then took issue when someone else offered an opinion as well.
    Last edited by raymondtrace; 05-07-2019 at 07:35 AM.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    If ever there were an appropriate thread for a flamewar.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Volumetric handlers require update after almost every LW version and revision, because NewTek devs are adding over and over new functions, which broke previously created plugins using volumetric handler..
    This puts off people making volumetric. Update of code required every couple months is tiresome.
    Thank you for the input. I always suspected the maintenance of a plugin like this was challenging. My assumption was the dev just got tired of the endless cycle of revisions. I don't blame him/her/them.
    So much water, so few sharks.

"...all men are created equal." -- US Declaration of Independence

Quote Originally Posted by 3dhotshot View Post

Suzuki Akira confirmed this was Dynamite Pro I just thought the fluid sim effect was quite good so wondered if anybody had this plugin to play with. 64bit
    I did try the dynamite demo with fluids, as I recall ..the fluids didnīt have much that something like TFD couldnīt replace.
    My points was about the particle engine.

Go with TFD instead.
    As I recall..someone at Newtek said they did try to contact the developer of Dynamite, but they never got any respons...he just went poof somewhere as I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelHill View Post
    If ever there were an appropriate thread for a flamewar.
    You win.

A.K.A "The Silver Fox" Gungho3D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I think you may be to sensitive of the phraze ..I dont Agree, it means just that..I donīt agree and it could be that I am wrong..or simply different views, itīs not aimed to chop anyone at the knees, and it doesnīt mean I dislike someone...
    and I explained why I donīt agree.

The otherway would be to say...I agree, then the discussion would end up meaningless and false, so putting somekind of value in to it that it is disrespectful by saying "I donīt agree" that is something I do not agree with and what if you said ..you donīt agree with marander?

Back to topics, I think there were justified points I made regarding the dynamite plugin that shows why I think it has something the current volumetrics doesnīt have, though the current volumetrics is faster and includes a more PBR correct model.
    Ok, next round of popcorn is on me … … and no flamethrowers here.

Prometheus, I appreciate what you've expressed above. And on any point of agreement or disagreement, I agree that you should not say "I agree" when what you want to say is "I don't agree." And if you said "I agree" when you should have said "I don't agree," well … I just couldn't agree with that …

… yes it really is late here, now it's my turn to get some sleep and feel better in the morning.

Here's the thing - I believe your points regarding Dynamite to have been valid regarding that software, it's value, and any compare/contrast to current day volumetrics. And I can see that you have felt "invalidated" in that regard because of my reaction to your post. Let me apologise for that, I was not at loggerheads with your points per se.

However, please do hear me out: maybe Marander has a point, that language is an issue. The line to which you replied with "I don't agree," about 3DHotShot not missing anything with Dynamite having passed, was a throw-away line, an afterthought, a closing footnote of almost zero importance to me. In terms of language and communication, just a means of saying "hey, there's other ways of doing this." It was a closing line in a message where everything else is what was being said, and which I almost didn't add. To be singled out and addressed with "I don't agree" regards a trivial line said only one thing - you wanted a fight. After many posts and much ill-feeling, I'll accept your word that this is not the case. In summary, your detailed sw points were fine and valid, just never justified when that was never my point … I'm hoping that makes sense, if not I'll get someone to write this up in Spanish …

If I could request one thing - would you mind asking next time about what (if anything) was actually meant? I like eating popcorn while watching entertainment, it's much more challenging when everyone else is eating popcorn while I'm entertaining them

Where's that "hug it out" guy? … got any popcorn left?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Volumetric handlers require update after almost every LW version and revision, because NewTek devs are adding over and over new functions, which broke previously created plugins using volumetric handler..
    This puts off people making volumetric. Update of code required every couple months is tiresome.

Sensei should we apply this to Turbulence TFD also?

Quote Originally Posted by ianr View Post
    Sensei should we apply this to Turbulence TFD also?
    Certainly, which is why you can use the bundled utility of bcf2vdb.exe to convert TFD output to something more in line with LW 2018 / 2019 volumetrics.

Hopefully, as we all jump on the OpenVDB bandwagon as a more stable foundation, 3rd party developers might not have as many headaches with host application updates/upgrades.

...until OpenVDB has foundational changes as well.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

We used Dynamite Pro in The Box at Rhythm & Hues way, WAY back when we were making Call Of Duty trailers. Dynamite had some advantages over HyperVoxels* and worked well for what we needed at the time.

The big issue was that the developer didn't seem interested in supporting it commercially. After some friendly email exchanges, I got the impression that he regretted selling it and he really didn't want the responsibility. That's fair but, at the time, I wished he had open sourced it or sold the code so somebody else could pick up the development.

That's ancient history though. Nowadays, there are much better options available to LightWave users for fire and smoke effects.

*Don't ask me what those advantages were...like I said, that was a long LONG time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post
    We used Dynamite Pro in The Box at Rhythm & Hues way, WAY back when we were making Call Of Duty trailers. Dynamite had some advantages over HyperVoxels* and worked well for what we needed at the time.

The big issue was that the developer didn't seem interested in supporting it commercially. After some friendly email exchanges, I got the impression that he regretted selling it and he really didn't want the responsibility. That's fair but, at the time, I wished he had open sourced it or sold the code so somebody else could pick up the development.

That's ancient history though. Nowadays, there are much better options available to LightWave users for fire and smoke effects.

*Don't ask me what those advantages were...like I said, that was a long LONG time ago.
    You said..advantages over hypervoxels, and I take it you ment particles and hypervoxels?
    I mentioned a few of those advantages..which also is advantages over the new volumetrics as well...as for fluids I do not see where it could have been better than turbulenceFD,

I forgot..also rotational controlls per particle which hypervoxels didnīt have, some other I described in previous post.
    Dynamite also had some volumetric crt import function(I think), which I never did try out though.
    The black body fire shader(particles and vertex voluemtrics) was kind of built in with instant acess for tweaking temp and cooling, new volumetrics got a node black body node, but takes more knowledge to set up right and still miss the cooling function.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenlaw View Post

I really thought about asking to buy the source code and continuing it, but for all the same reasons just decided not to.

Quote Originally Posted by raymondtrace View Post
    Certainly, which is why you can use the bundled utility of bcf2vdb.exe to convert TFD output to something more in line with LW 2018 / 2019 volumetrics.

Hopefully, as we all jump on the OpenVDB bandwagon as a more stable foundation, 3rd party developers might not have as many headaches with host application updates/upgrades.

...until OpenVDB has foundational changes as well.
    Thank you very interesting & should be a sticky answer,

also very intersting Jasha took nearly a year to answer that

threads last post for help. I hope Kelly puts your remarks up

on Lib3d for reference.

Found an old version of the site archived and a 1.05 32bit demo:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20071123...html/main.html

At a glance, the 1.2 demo was not archived here...

Checked the whole site archive, no more zips (just 1.05). But there is a newer download page online, showing that there was a 64bit dynamite 1.2 lite and 1.2 pro demo available for download. https://web.archive.org/web/20090226.../download.html

Quote Originally Posted by Free4Ever View Post
    Checked the whole site archive, no more zips (just 1.05). But there is a newer download page online, showing that there was a 64bit dynamite 1.2 lite and 1.2 pro demo available for download. https://web.archive.org/web/20090226.../download.html
    I just donīt see why it would be worth it to pursue this dead product, trying to find the Lite versions for 64 bit anyway, it may be possible to do something with it with the particle engine alone from Dynamite in 32 bit in lw 2015, and as mentioned by me before, it had some things current lightwave 2019 doesnīt have, but then you need to find the 64 bit version.

But for fluids, you either invest in the only lightwave solution that is out there...which is turbulenceFD, or you go for a free tool that can do fluid fire and smoke like below...(various shading and resolution in the PBR volumetrics).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tank explosion free fluid solution.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	145077

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast