Thread: Lightwave 15.3, Real Flow, and Windows 10

Lightwave 15.3, Real Flow, and Windows 10

Hey everybody,

I just built myself a new computer, and since Windows 7 is getting near the end of its service life, I installed Windows 10 Pro.

Now, I have Real Flow and use it with Lightwave a lot. To get data between Real Flow and Lightwave and back, there's a Real Flow connection utility that you install into Lightwave. Although a little buggy, and with some tendency to crash, it worked. I was able to exchange geometry and animation data to and from Real Flow.

The first step in the process is exporting your geometry and animation from Lightwave into a *.SD file that you import into Real Flow. When I start the export, Lightwave immediately crashes to the desktop. I've tried several different versions of the Real Flow Connection Software, I've tried starting Lightwave in Admin mode, but nothing seems to work. The only thing that's different is I have Windows 10 instead of 7.

I've open up a bug report with both NewTek and Next Limit which makes Real Flow, but since Windows 10 has been out for a while, I was wondering if anybody else here who uses Real Flow ran into the same thing.

Thanks in advance,

I found a solution. In the Lightwave Shortcut, set the Compatibility Mode to Windows 7.