Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: David Ridlen post on why NT marketing & communication needs improvement....Will it?

i wouldn't mind if you deleted those posts, totally fine, even though i got the info from a NewTek employee.

So there was this Nazi tooling down the highway, and he stops at a bar where he meets a preacher, a politician and a three-legged dog ... Here they meet Erik Alstad and Steve White. Erik and White are discussing the end of the world, then, the Sheriff enters the bar... Erik asks, why the Nazi, isnt that a bit overboard? A cold silence fills the room.
    Last edited by erikals; 05-16-2019 at 02:31 PM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Sooo what happened to the three-legged dog?

Leave Sparky out of this, he didn't do anything to anyone.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    i wouldn't mind if you deleted those posts, totally fine, even though i got the info from a NewTek employee.
    Nah, I understand. It's just that I have talked to many of them, and management too, and I don't think I've ever heard the same perspective twice.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I had high hopes for Core myself in the beginning and it showed some promise but it soon became very apparent after a while that it was going to take way too long and may not have ever been as good as most of us were hoping for in the end.
    Threadripper 2990WX, X399 MSI MEG Creation, 64GB 2400Mhz RAM, GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

So there was this Nazi tooling down the highway, and he stops at a bar where he meets a preacher, a politician and a three-legged dog ... Here they meet Erik Alstad and Steve White. Erik and White is discussing the end of the world, then, the Sheriff enters the bar... Erik asks, why the Nazi, isnt that a bit overboard? A cold silence fills the room.
    I thought it went:-

Preacher to Nazi - "There is but only one God".
    Politician to Nazi - "Nice suit and you got some really great ideas I could copy"
    Dog to Nazi - "Did you come to return my leg or take another one ?"

Nazi to three - "No, I'm just a rep from Vizrt off to a company meeting to discuss some software, now what was it called again... ?"

Dog to Nazi - "Did you come to return my leg or take another one ?"
    i liked that one.  

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    Cool, now we're back to the Core Wars.
    You could just pinch Twitter's policy on deadnaming.
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

So there was this Nazi tooling down the highway, and he stops at a bar where he meets a preacher, a politician and a three-legged dog ...
    add to that, therei s the little fact that the preacher he loved the last episode of Game of Thrones and wont shut up about it.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

because someone is wrong on the internet.
    lol! excellent

That's true. Not to speak for Chuck, but I'm swamped with other things, and - while monitoring this thread - have simply been inclined to let it meander naturally as those involved weary of one aspect or another in turn.
    Been reading it, and considering things, interspersed among other tasks, including getting new entries into each of our blogs.
    Chuck Baker
    Senior Manager of Communications
    NewTek, Inc.
    NewTek.com
    LightWave3D.com
    NewTek USA Facebook
    Twitter
    LinkedIn
    Software Developer's Dilemma: The better the new feature, the more feature requests it will generate. - C. Baker
    Please note that any statements regarding future product development are forward looking and subject to change without notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ztreem View Post
    You can still render in cycles if you need higher quality and use gpu’s to render quicker than LW. So I don’t see why turbulence is so much better? Is it even still developed?
    Bumping back...though these specific post may belong on third party threads..

Erikals mentioned ...

"Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

sorry, i used the wrong word there, photo-real was the word.
    so no, Turbulence beats Blender in that regard.

though sure, it can (and should) be used in several other situations.
    You can still render in cycles if you need higher quality and use gpu’s to render quicker than LW. So I don’t see why turbulence is so much better? Is it even still developed?"

Erikals... you seem to think TurbulenceFD is more photo real and beats blender fluids, How is that? When you consider that blender has PBR volumetrics, turbulence doesnīt, as for quality..Yes I know it is hard to get good quality initially,
    There is often a stepping and banding issue with blender, and that is mostly related to the RENDERTAB/VOLUME SAMPLING, It kind of needs a very low step size..Usually I render in cycles With the GPU preview with maybe 0.4-1 in step size, and I start of with 100 divisions and no high res activated..to get a fast preview of the simulation, it it looks decent I just activate the high res option and let it run itīs course.
    I do this just to tweak the main shading look, this means a bit of a banding..but quite fast previews, If I were to lower below..0.1 Then Cuda would probably fail and I would have to close blender and re-boot to get going again with the GPU render.
    This might need to render with CPU in order to lower step size so low that the quality is good enough...other than that, I do not see how turbulenceFD would be more photorealistic? Turbulence donīt have these banding issues really, which I believe is due to it not being a Proper PBR volume model..it doesnīt need step sizing in quality.

Erikals... you seem to think TurbulenceFD is more photo real and beats blender fluids, How is that?
    no, you got it wrong, i replied to Blender smoke + Eevee. where Eevee doesn't render photo-real animation. (imho)

so, to conclude, i wrote Turbulence was faster to render, but i could be wrong, especially considering the new LW2018 render engine.
    Last edited by erikals; Today at 11:35 AM.

no, you got it wrong, i replied to Blender smoke + Eevee. where Eevee doesn't render photo-real animation. (imho)

so, to conclude, i wrote Turbulence was faster to render, but i could be wrong, especially considering the new LW2018 render engine.
    Ahh..I thought You ment blender cycles fire and smoke.
    But anyway...Blender cycles is way faster with GPU rendering than turbulenceFD with illuminated smoke and fire, and especially tiresome is the multiscattering in TFD which recalculates quite a while, in blender you just set your desiried amount of volume bounces..and it doesnīt do recalculations anywhere near that TFD time, so itīs much faster.

If you compare blender cycles CPU VS Lightwave turbulenceFD it may be eual in time...but I donīt thing the 2018 engine does nothing for speeding up TFD..since you have to choose legacy volumetrics.

I am not sure there is any difference in renderspeed in lw 2018 for TFD VS 2015, but anyway I do not think it was faster to render than blender really, but itīs two different volumetrics, one is a more realistic model the other isnīt, and if you activate illuminated volumetrics in tfd, it becomes quite slow...and even slower with multiscattering.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314