Thread: PTZ presets SLOW in AE3

Andrew Carlson

PTZ presets SLOW in AE3

Has anyone else noticed that jumping from different preset on a PTZ camera is MUCH SLOWER in AE3 than they were in AE2? I'm not talking about the work-flow of getting to the presets....I'm talking about the amount time it takes the camera to go to from one preset to the next. Yes, I know you can select a speed but even on FAST it takes much longer than it did in AE2.

I was using our PTZ for a baseball game yesterday and it's almost unusable (jumping from different presets) for sports (baseketball, baseball, etc.)

What PTZ camera? I've not noticed that the camera is any slower going between presets when it is set as Fast (100%). However, with the NewTek PTZ1 there was a bug in the firmware previous to VHR118 (which is now current) where the camera would respond to slower speeds in the PTZ panel, but not to faster speeds. Basically meaning if you use a slower speed, it would be stuck at the slowest speed used until your power cycled the camera. If your PTZ camera's are NewTek PTZ1's, make sure they are on current firmware. If there are a different PTZ make, you would need to check with that manufacture.

AE2 didn't have the speed controls for PTZ, so you wouldn't of run into this bug before because there was no option to tell the camera to change the preset speed.
    Last edited by kanep; 04-23-2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by kanep View Post
    What PTZ camera? I've not noticed that the camera is any slower going between presets when it is set as Fast (100%). However, with the NewTek PTZ1 there was a bug in the firmware previous to VHR118 (which is now current) where the camera would respond to slower speeds in the PTZ panel, but not to faster speeds. Basically meaning if you use a slower speed, it would be stuck at the slowest speed used until your power cycled the camera. If your PTZ camera's are NewTek PTZ1's, make sure they are on current firmware. If there are a different PTZ make, you would need to check with that manufacture.

AE2 didn't have the speed controls for PTZ, so you wouldn't of run into this bug before because there was no option to tell the camera to change the preset speed.
    Yes, we are running the NewTek PTZ and I'll bet that the firmware is the issue. Thanks for the heads up.

Andrew Carlson
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    Yes, we are running the NewTek PTZ and I'll bet that the firmware is the issue. Thanks for the heads up.
    updating the firmware fixed the issue. Thanks Kane!

Quote Originally Posted by nsdV View Post
    updating the firmware fixed the issue. Thanks Kane!
    Glad to hear all is good!
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.