Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Denoiser ad Apple Metal

That may suit you......
    Personally, I could never go back to windows (but that’s my personal preference).
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Quote Originally Posted by rsfd View Post
    ^ … as we don’t have any information about solferino’s hardware setup, this seems a very theoretical advise (same as the redundant „just ditch Apple“ response).
    Apple does not offer any support for Nvidia GPU in its actual hardware. There are no „Web drivers“ from Nvidia for Mojave.
    Same as NewTek, we (Mac users) need to see where Apple is heading. Metal certainly is the future on macOS, so all developers will need to adopt this technology (or leave the macOS platform).
    Tobian already intimated what this means for companies like NewTek and similar…
    Or inversely, perhaps Apple could put an end to its snit with Nvidia so that Apple PC users could use all of the same software and hardware that non-Apple PC users have the opportunity to use.

Quote Originally Posted by raw-m View Post
    I’ve been doing some R&D over the weekend and it’s been such a horrible bugfest I’m hoping they will just say “we’re no longer supporting Mac” so I can move on to Blender.
    How does your choice of development platform stop you from switching over to Blender?

I mean, regardless of whether LW stops supporting Mac or no, how does that impact your decision to switch to Blender?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12