Thread: NCIO inputs visible to 860?

NCIO inputs visible to 860?

Dunno if I can phrase this properly but anyway...
    I have several studios around the building, but Studio 27 is the only one with TC1, NCIO, TS4000, green set and PTZ cameras. If I wanted to see the cameras in a studio that has an 860 (with NET1 and NET2 as input) how can I do that? I guess i am confused with the NET1 and NET2 dialogue box cz when I open it up it says "Add Network video..." and then prompts for a URL. I guess I'm more used to the Advanced Edition where the thing just shows up and I can pick from the 4 channels.
    So, to be more specific...let's say I want to see the PTZ cameras as sources in Studio28 coming from the NCIO in Studio27. I can see them if I call them up in a web browser and can move them. However, if I try to call them up in the 860 NET1 I get zip. If I put in the IP address of the NCIO, from which I would expect to get NDI video, I get nothing. Do I need a go-between network PC with NDI tools on it to translate between the two studios? Also, if I can see the camera, I still don't have PTZ control in the 860 interface.
    Obviously the answer is to upgrade all the studios to either Advanced Edition or TC1, but in the meantime can what I am (poorly) describing be accomplished? Is NDI not really a thing on these older boxes?

If the 860 software is really old, like 3 years, likely pre-dates NDI and so would not see any NDI sources and you'd need to install a free software update for TriCaster. No need for IP addresses, with NDI-compatible TriCaster software you should be able to see available NDI sources in the NET dropdown menu. Also a good idea to install NDI-HX drivers as well, if you have any NDI cameras or Spark units in the mix.

In LIVE interface, press ALT-B on keyboard, what does the version # read at top of screen?

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

i just recently updated the software on the 860. 2-6-181221. Then I tried the connection to NET1 and I don't see the other NDI sources. Maybe an IT issue then.
    Last edited by yottyboy; 04-15-2019 at 10:45 AM.

NDI sources need to be on same network and subnet. I think one can get around the subnet thing using NDI Manager software. Also make sure TriCaster network is not set to Public, that will block NDI

Thanks
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Yep thanks I will have to get the network thing worked out looks like they are on different subnet.