Thread: Low end vibrations cause TriCaster TC1SP Control Panel to transition on it's own

Low end vibrations cause TriCaster TC1SP Control Panel to transition on it's own

I work at a live sound venue and when the subs are blasting heavy the TC1SP will switch on its own!!! I can just tap the table and it will transition. I am up stairs in a balcony 100 feet from the speakers but when it's heavy this happens. Can I disable the T-Bar? My guess is that it uses a type of optical encoder that is freaking out.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Sounds more like it is your [TAKE] button rather than the t-bar.
    Not sure if you can disable it.
    Of course, it could be the spacebar on your keyboard as well.
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

It seems like the T-Bar because a few times it would show the start of a fade like the T-Bar was nudged and the only way to fix it was to fade the T-Bar. All of a sudden program would show a light overlay of preview when nobody was touching the controller.

Registered User Red Dog Records's Avatar
    Definitely sounds like the t-bar. We had a similar issue with our LC-11 controller. Bad news when you are getting ready to roll a video and it auto plays before you are ready.
    We didn't look into disabling it, so I am also interested if anyone has found a way to do this.

Andrew
    Tricaster 460AE3 + LC-11
    Flypack: Router, switch, backup encoders, captioning devices, audio mixer, UPS, etc
    Cameras: Sony Z280, Z150, Spark & Bird Dog converters
    http://reddogrecords.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtr View Post
    I work at a live sound venue and when the subs are blasting heavy the TC1SP will switch on its own!!! I can just tap the table and it will transition. I am up stairs in a balcony 100 feet from the speakers but when it's heavy this happens. Can I disable the T-Bar? My guess is that it uses a type of optical encoder that is freaking out.
    I believe there are potentiometers on the circuit board in that surface that can be adjusted to trim each end of the t-bar travel. However, if the t-bar was moved slightly it should only begin a transition, not fire the entire transition so I'm not 100% convinced that's your issue.

Are you sure it's not a keyboard shortcut (Space bar) that is being triggered? I'd go into the macro configuration menu and click the check box to turn off all the internal system macros and see if that resolves your problem..

If you believe it's actually the t-bar I'd look for a service center who can make adjustments to the t-bar travel.. Open it yourself at your own risk, etc., etc.

-Nic

HAve you tried putting the CS on top of some egg crate or even some memory foam?
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables