Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fusion and resolve are updated - and fusion isn't free anymore - LW companion program

fusion and resolve are updated - and fusion isn't free anymore - LW companion program

fusion and resolve are updated - and fusion isn't free anymore - LW companion programs.

FUsion compositing program is a must have if your using lightwave - it goes so well with lightwave or any 3d program that its totally worth learning.
    FOr awhile it was a free program. A program to rival after effects and free in a very good way it was commercially free meaning you can use it for non personal or commercial projects.
    That was a huge gift from black magic design.
    Today, Resolve their editing package still remains free. However, Fusion studio 16 is no longer a free program.
    But at $300 bucks its a no brainer to invest in as it gives you a couple of things lightwavers need like 3d matchmoving, and exr support among hundreds of post effects like grading, blur, blooms and glows.

So, if you didn't know - fusion has updated to 16 matching its number with resolve. (it jumped from 9 to 16 instead of going to 10)

Both resolve and fusion are without a doubt great tools in your digial arsenal. They compliment lightwave fantastically allowing you to create videos from your stills and massage them with color grading and post effects.

My work flow starts in lightwave and ends in fusion every time.

$300 is cheap for a fully featured compositing program. Dont even bother with blender compositing. While ok, it doesn't hold a candle to fusion.

The other thing i like about fusion and resolve is the studio versions are one time buys. NOne of this continual cloud buying crap whcih i call ransom pricing. If you dont update your software - you can't access your files. Sucky even if it forces you to have the latest version all the time.

cheers.
    [url]https://www.artstation.com/artwork/kn21A[/u-- rl]
    fusion https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/fusion
    resolve https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...avinciresolve/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post
    fusion and resolve are updated - and fusion isn't free anymore - LW companion programs.

FUsion compositing program is a must have if your using lightwave - it goes so well with lightwave or any 3d program that its totally worth learning.
    FOr awhile it was a free program. A program to rival after effects and free in a very good way it was commercially free meaning you can use it for non personal or commercial projects.
    That was a huge gift from black magic design.
    Today, Resolve their editing package still remains free. However, Fusion studio 16 is no longer a free program.
    But at $300 bucks its a no brainer to invest in as it gives you a couple of things lightwavers need like 3d matchmoving, and exr support among hundreds of post effects like grading, blur, blooms and glows.

So, if you didn't know - fusion has updated to 16 matching its number with resolve. (it jumped from 9 to 16 instead of going to 10)

Both resolve and fusion are without a doubt great tools in your digial arsenal. They compliment lightwave fantastically allowing you to create videos from your stills and massage them with color grading and post effects.

My work flow starts in lightwave and ends in fusion every time.

$300 is cheap for a fully featured compositing program. Dont even bother with blender compositing. While ok, it doesn't hold a candle to fusion.

The other thing i like about fusion and resolve is the studio versions are one time buys. NOne of this continual cloud buying crap whcih i call ransom pricing. If you dont update your software - you can't access your files. Sucky even if it forces you to have the latest version all the time.

cheers.
    It's not free but you can still get V9 for free. But if you buy Resolve you can use your key to run Fusion pro.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

Quote Originally Posted by vonpietro View Post

cheers.
    Might be worthwhile just to get & toss into the toolbox. I've so much invested into AE with scripts & plugs I've amassed over the years that I can't just leave it behind. But perhaps picking up Fusion just for comping tasks & such makes sense. A sale Adobe certainly wouldn't get.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by calilifestyle View Post
    It's not free but you can still get V9 for free. But if you buy Resolve you can use your key to run Fusion pro.
    Resolve also includes an integrated Fusion. Just standalone is not free anymore.

Does the integrated Fusion have all the same features as the standalone ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Unless something changed since last version. Nope.
    Ell no 'ta enamora' de mi, yo tampoco

I love After effects but EXR support is slow even with PRO EXR. Always fancied Nuke but man thats expensive and a massive learning curve. Fusion is probably the compromise but I don't won't to invest in software thats future is flakey. (cough lightwave cough)
    Last edited by Otterman; 04-10-2019 at 02:51 AM.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...fusion/compare
    im confused, whats missing from the free version over studio, according to this it only seems to be things like network nodes and some extra plugins,
    Intel i7 5960X Extreme, Asus Rampage V extreme, 3x 4gb NVIDIA Geforce GTX970, 32GB DDR4 2666 corsair dominator
    http://digitawn.co.uk https://www.shapeways.com/shops/digi...ction=Cars&s=0

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post

Confirmed Fusion is bigger in Fusion Studio Pro 9 which I have

Also,
    Kelly has a lot of LW 2 Fusion 2 LW excellent tutorials on liberty3d.com

ATM I can't find a change log page for you, maybe on their forums?
    Last edited by ianr; 04-10-2019 at 05:51 AM.

just got this from them.

About Blackmagic Fusion 16.0b1
    What's new in Blackmagic Fusion Studio 16.0b1
    • Fusion Studio 16 release concurrent with DaVinci Resolve 16
    • Support for Metal and CUDA GPU processing modes
    • Improved Fusion playback performance
    • Improved 3D engine performance
    • Support for MultiSampling in the 3D Renderer
    • Ability to flexibly scale animation with changing clip lengths
    • Improved responsiveness of Fusion viewer interactions when using a Wacom tablet
    • Improved performance for Change Depth with new Error Diffusion option
    • Improved performance and accuracy for Camera Tracker, with support for lens distortion
    • Improved performance with Fusion Dissolve with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance with Fusion TimeSpeed and TimeStretch with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance for Planar Tracker
    • Improved performance for Vector Motion Blur and motion blur in other tools with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance for Fusion Splitter and Combiner with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance for Fusion CornerPin and PerspectivePin with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance with Fusion Mask rendering with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved performance with Fusion Color operations with GPU acceleration support
    • Improved unicode PSD layer name support
    • Support for using DaVinci Resolve Studio dongles to run Fusion Studio
    • General stability and performance improvements
    Minimum system requirements for Mac
    • Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra
    • Minimum 16 GB RAM
    • GPU with at least 2GB of VRAM which supports Metal, OpenCL 1.2 or CUDA 10
    • Latest graphics driver as recommended by your GPU manufacturer

So if I purchase Resolve dongle I can also get Fusion Studio? (and vice versa?) It would be nice to have resolve too, but mostly just want Fusion so I guess I'll just purchase that to be safe, but I wish it more clear.

Newbie Member
    Buy fusion studio and you get a dongle with a serial number that is good for fusion and davinci .
    Just plug your fusion serial number into the download for davinci studio and install
    I work with both all the time. They are great value.

Actually, if you have a dongle, you don't have to enter a serial number anywhere to download, just click the small "download only" on the popup page that asks you to enter information. An activation serial number is for the App Store version, which is different from the dongle version. I forget what differences there are, but you don't wan that one. BMD have said that if you have a Fusion Studio dongle, you get Resolve free. At the moment in the beta, if you have a Resolve dongle, you get Fusion Studio free too, but BMD have not yet said if it will stay that way.
    Last edited by ELinder; 04-10-2019 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rustythe1 View Post
    https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/...fusion/compare
    im confused, whats missing from the free version over studio, according to this it only seems to be things like network nodes and some extra plugins,
    I use the Studio version. Off the top of my head, the Studio version has network rendering, is capable of higher resolution, has optical flow tools, and it can use third party plugins.

The free version is still very capable but I think it's for non-commercial use only.

You can use the free version for commercial work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast