Thread: How to disable NDI on my TriCaster 8000 Advanced Edition?

How to disable NDI on my TriCaster 8000 Advanced Edition?

Hello everyone.
    I was using the standard edition until last moon. Now we have bought the advanced edition.
    I don't know where to access NET 1 and NET 2 inputs on the Live Desktop. In fact, at this time we don't need more inputs than what we had in the standard edition.
    Is it possible to reconfigure the Live Desktop to have what I need please?
    Should I need to restore my TriCaster?

Thanks to all.

You no longer have Net inputs. You have NDI. Whatever you had coming in on the Net inputs will now easily come in on NDI. You will love NDI. As long as the computers are on the same network as the Tricaster you will see them as NDI Sources.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

If memory serves, the changes and their impact are ago described in the What's New did that is shown when you first launch after installing.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Ok thanks Stream, I am trying to learn more on the NDI.

That's my problem, I was not on site during the installation of the new TriCaster.

Regards, John

The What's New doc will be on your system in the Configuration\web\documentation folder. They are a bit harder to find in newer versions, but you should find it in a TriCaster directory in the hidden Program Data folder (%programdata%). Of course the main manual can be opened easily from the Help menu point.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Every input can be NDI (network) if you want. Right-click on any Input # on Program row, and Configure the input source. "Local" means the SDI inputs on the back, like LOCAL 2 would assign SDI INPUT 2 to whatever button you are on (yes, with AE any SDI input can be routed to any switcher input button). In the source dropdown menu you will see any available NDI sources listed after the LOCAL inputs (SDI). Those NDI sources will include all NDI outputs from your own TriCaster!

If you were previously using LiveText as a stand-alone, reinstall latest version on your PC and during the install, be certain to choose NDI option during installation and not AirSend or whatever they used to call the connection, I can't remember.

If wanting to use any computers for input, you will now use NDI SCAN CONVERTER on those (requires Windows 8 or 10).

Hope this helps

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1