Thread: Orbit lag/halt bug back again?

Orbit lag/halt bug back again?

Well..
    I think it was around the 2018.01 version where there seem to have been a bug when orbiting with the navigation icons, so you canīt rotate/orbit full out it sometimes get to a halt.
    I think it was fixed around 2018.02 or 03 version.

I upgraded to 2019 and now this is back again.

Please donīt tell me to use alt rotate, thatīs another discussion of how one would like to work with it.

Any Idea what is causing this, canīt recall that it was some openGL setting or driver issue, but in fact something the Lightwave team fixed.

Note...when rotating with the icons, I can rotate full out, but as soon as I let go and then pick it up again..thatīs when it wonīt be able to do a full orbit but just locks the rotation to a halt.

No problem here in LW2019.0.3 when orbiting using the "orbit icon" in the upper-right corner in either Layout Perspective view or Modeler Perspective view. I do see a BRIEF pause occassionally, but it's a fraction of a second and then continues. Letting go of the icon and "picking it up again" doesn't have any problems ether.

mTp

Quote Originally Posted by MonroePoteet View Post
    No problem here in LW2019.0.3 when orbiting using the "orbit icon" in the upper-right corner in either Layout Perspective view or Modeler Perspective view. I do see a BRIEF pause occassionally, but it's a fraction of a second and then continues. Letting go of the icon and "picking it up again" doesn't have any problems ether.

mTp
    Well..I have that problem and can not get it to go away, damn frustrating.
    it occours on move and zoom as well.

have you ever tried modo’s navigation icons? they work flawlessly with mouse and tablet.

i don’t get why lightwaves wouldn’t be the same in terms of functionality.

whatever it is the lux team did the lw team need to emulate.

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    have you ever tried modo’s navigation icons? they work flawlessly with mouse and tablet.

i don’t get why lightwaves wouldn’t be the same in terms of functionality.

whatever it is the lux team did the lw team need to emulate.
    Yes I have, but havenīt had time to try modo enough before it expired and no discovery version, thus I hate their trial methods and I am not getting anyware with that product in terms of evaluating it enough...no particulary use of comparing it to anything..since older Lighwave versions does work without issues.
    I do have lightwave 2015.3 as well..works flawlessy when moving, zooming and rotating..it has never been an issue from Lightwave 10 and up til 2015.3

I think it was in 2018 .0.1 it started to showcase these issues, only to be fixed in 2018.02-3 I think, and now back again with 2019.

I tried various opengl settings, no luck, installed latest nvidia game ready drivers for Asus Rog G20B nvidia GTX 1080
    https://www.asus.com/se/Tower-PCs/ROG-G20CB/

make sure you are not in tablet mode

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    make sure you are not in tablet mode
    Iīm not, never have been...so that is not the issue.