Thread: Panasonic AW-UE70 4K question

Panasonic AW-UE70 4K question

Hello,
    I have three of the Panasonic AW-UE70 PTZ cameras and a TriCaster MINI 4 SDI. I use NewTek NDI for Panasonic cameras running on a laptop to connect the cameras to the TriCaster. What would the advantage be if I purchased the NDI HX update for these cameras? $299 per camera is very steep for a school district. I would have to present a very compelling reason to spend $1000 on cameras that are already in production.

Thanks.

The big difference would be that you can connect the camera to the TC Mini (I'm assuming you have Advanced Edition) via NDI so that all of your SDI inputs are available for other uses.

Beyond that, PTZ setup it automatic versus having to manually type in the data. Also you can use the free NDI Studio Monitor running on another Windows computer to view and control the cameras as well, you can even use a Windows joystick to control the camera via NDI Studio Monitor.
    https://www.newtek.com/blog/tips/use...di-ptz-camera/
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thank you, Kane. I do have AE on my MINI(s). My production setup includes a laptop for LiveText NDI, which also runs the NDI for Panasonic cameras app. I run these three, along with four SDI cameras. I've had no issues with this setup so far. From your response I gather that It would mainly be the convenience of automated network discovery. I will probably hold off on the upgrade for these cameras. My plan for this fall is to purchase a TC-1 and replacement cameras with NDI capability built in.