Thread: Save objects in Layout 2019!!

Save objects in Layout 2019!!

In Layout 2019 can we get the "Save Out of Date Objects" or something along those lines to come up after saving the scene like it was before? I'm saving objects I don't necessarily want to save. I am in such a habit of saving the scene and hitting return without even looking at the popup and now NT has changed the sequence - why?
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com

what’s the sequence?

In Layout 2018 and before hitting "S" brings up a requester asking if you want to save the scene with such and such file name - so the answer is yes or "return". Then if you have some objects that were changed and needed saved it would ask you if you wanted those saved. Now in 2019 it asks you to save those models first and then saves the scene. Well I am in such a habit of pressing "S" than "Return" I am saving objects when I may not necessarily want to. So I'd like it changed back to other sequence of saving.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

Wrong forum. Ignore this.

hmm, why change that? you want to save the scene and most times you don’t want to save objects as you save those in modeller.
    is there an option or cfg flag to have it the old way?
    if it’s something like this where personal preference will sway one way or the other then it makes sense to have an either or option. this is common sense, right? it’s a computer program, it can do that. thinking about it, it’s that way in a car; plenty of customisation for driving position and style otherwise people won’t buy em and will go with another make. no difference in my mind.

I tend to save an object, save a scene, then use save all, which asks you if you want to save objects.
    Mac Pro (2010) OSX 10.13 RX580 Pulse LW2019

Quote Originally Posted by gar26lw View Post
    hmm, why change that? you want to save the scene and most times you don’t want to save objects as you save those in modeller.
    is there an option or cfg flag to have it the old way?
    if it’s something like this where personal preference will sway one way or the other then it makes sense to have an either or option. this is common sense, right? it’s a computer program, it can do that. thinking about it, it’s that way in a car; plenty of customisation for driving position and style otherwise people won’t buy em and will go with another make. no difference in my mind.
    Yeah a personal preference thing for sure. I just don't understand why they changed it in the first place. It's not like anybody has been harping about it.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

that was my thought too