Thread: Ethernet Cards on TC1 config

Question Ethernet Cards on TC1 config

Hi everyone,
    I'm sorry for my probably dully question... but I really do not understand the meaning (and configuration) of the the two ethernet cards on TC1.
    1. Are they intended to give redundancy on connection (such as streaming...)?
    2. If yes, should they be on the same subnet?
    3. I have all my devices (TC1, sparks, PTZ1, laptops...) connected by a switch in dhcp mode. Moving to different places with this live setup, I need in every place to use a certain IP address to stream (provided by local organization). If I want to benefit of 2 eth cards redundancy, will I have to ask for 2 IP address to stream or should I set my switch saying it both cards appear externally with a unique IP (if it's possible, I'm not skilled in networking)?

Thanks a lot,
    regards!

fab

I was told while doing a Live Gaming Event, where we had 16 NDI inputs coming into the TC1 that plugging in a second ethernet cable from the same switch would in effect double our bandwidth and help with some of the stuttering issues we were experiencing when I had 8 NDI sources in Program and the other 8 in Preview. I was streaming out two different shows, one from program and one from preview at the same time.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

Thanks.
    I was also wondering if makes sense to use one ethernet card only to stream (linked to the external net) and the other one linked to our switch where are linked all the NDI sources (therefore all internal)...
    Any helps?

Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    2 Nics gives you flexibility in how you set things up.
    Zane Condren
    Product and Vertical Market Manager - Digital Broadcast
    NewTek Inc.
    new.tk/call