Thread: A LW Bridge to the Tricaster..How would it look like?

A LW Bridge to the Tricaster..How would it look like?

As we all know one of the biggest bestselling products for Newtek is the Tricaster.

I do wonder if there was a bridge between LW and the Tricaster what would it look like? What could it be used for?

Some ideas I can think of are:
    Unreal based LIVE virtual sets (done in LW) that allow for full immersion, thanks to real time tracking on the Tricaster end?
    New tittling tool, using a new text Node in Lightwave?

So tell us your ideas, and how you would implement them.

-R
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

Look up the old "LWConnect".
    Though it was hooked into speededit, that's where it was in the past.
    (I was part of the duo that brought it to life. Bob Tasa would be the other.)

Until they get something more real-time or off the gpu, I don't think there is a space with the TC, itself.

No need for unreal if you are talking about rendered material, or maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Text node would be nice but there are a plethora of great quick cg apps.

I've wanted this connection SO BAD. It always JUST MADE SENSE to me.
    Robert
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

No need for unreal if you are talking about rendered material, or maybe I don't understand what you mean.

Text node would be nice but there are a plethora of great quick cg apps.

I've wanted this connection SO BAD. It always JUST MADE SENSE to me.
    Robert
    This is what I have in mind and where the virtual set market is headed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2NPDj-V4KU

But you would need camera tracking solution IN THE TRICASTER.
    that realtime data could be fed to an UNREAL virtual set created in Lightwave..
    But there is a added bonus for LIGHTWAVE.Imagine if you could save the TRACKING DATA in NONLIVE camera session that would be used for VFX and feed that data info directly into Lightwave.

In other words, one bonus LW has over the competition would be the things it could do thanks to the Tricaster. talk about a new/old market
    Last edited by robertoortiz; 03-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

i tell ya, Roberto,
    This idea would be the ideal.

But...

This ideal setup seems to be had elsewhere.
    I would work at becoming a Flame artist if it were my dream to work with such a combo.
    I can't see newtek being able to put this together like we might dream. That is to say, all the parts are there but the will to have LW and TC actually be/work together seems to be non-existent.

Flame is a proven tool with all of what one would end up wanting from such a system were NewTek to put it together. Heck, 3 programs to do what the One can do.
    I think this is why this hasn't happened: compete at what you know. Ha, SpeedEdit comes to mind, first, foremost and as the best of the NewTek Bests not being able to compete.
    Robert Wilson, MA Deaf Ed.
    Indiana Deaf School
    This e-mail may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act.

I see your point...
    What Newtek could do is sell it as an separate advanced production pack for the Tricaster.
    In a way make it agnostic , because the Virtual sets themselves are done in UNREAL, and the camera capture data could be saved in a universal mocap format.

Think about the advantages go being able not only to capture realtime data from a recording session. Hell you could record camera metadata in the session too. This is something that a Maya, or a C4d studio could see the value of.

BUUTT offer an advantage to lightwave thanks to bundling and the unreal export in LW.

Roberto,
    Don't misunderstand my words as a, "Don't want!"
    I want to say: someone is already doing this -- in a lw studio. But I have no proof. Just that all the parts are now in place for it to happen.
    And all the parts work smoothly on their own.

I would love them to do this.
    Robert

Quote Originally Posted by UnCommonGrafx View Post
    Roberto,
    Don't misunderstand my words as a, "Don't want!"
    I want to say: someone is already doing this -- in a lw studio. But I have no proof. Just that all the parts are now in place for it to happen.
    And all the parts work smoothly on their own.

I would love them to do this.
    Robert
    We are o the same page. The irony is that Newtek has all the pieces in place to be able to pull this off.