Thread: Layout View in Modeler isn't working

Layout View in Modeler isn't working

Hi!

It seems that 'Layout View' is not working for me in Modeler.
    I just bought Lightwave 2019.0.3 yesterday and wanted to position some concept-blocks in layout to model some rocks afterwards.
    Therefore I tried this new (since Lightwave 2018) view-port type, but I can't see the other objects of layout. So it is hard for me to guess where to put this box.

Some ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	144411  

Just tried this as it is new. Apparently in Modeler, the layout view will only show the object selected in Layout and each object is a separately opened object. Each item is always at the Origin too even when moved in layout.

Not sure quite how this feature is suppose to work. Can't find anything in the Wiki either.
    "Never be a cat in a cartoon. Never." Chief Wiggum

Oh I think I understand now what functionality it has:
    It shows how your object looks e.g. in Camera-View in Layout.

For exampe if I want to have a tree on the leftmost position of the camera-view and on of the branches should be seen on the upper border of the view.
    I position the tree in front of the camera in layout but now it could be that the branch doesn't reach into the view. So now I can go to Modeler with my tree-object open, switch to layout-view (with the Camera-View activated for Modeler with the little camera-picture) and now I can model the object in a way that the branch reaches into the view.

So the only advantage I see is to see how my object looks in Camera-View. At the moment I don't see any purpose in seeing the other views like e.g. perspective or Top, etc.

But if you want to see the relationship between different objects in Layout, you need to put that single objects into different layers of ONE object. How the objects are shown in the layout-view depends on how the layers are viewed - background or foreground.

While your scenario is on the money, it's more for lining up models with backplates etc.. I've used it a lot for building interiors to match photos of rooms.
    Tim Parsons
    Technical Designer
    Sauder Woodworking Co.

http://www.sauder.com