Thread: Audio Input not working properly on Tricaster Mini

Audio Input not working properly on Tricaster Mini

Hi,

I have the following setup today.
    Input 1 HDMI with Line level Audio
    Input 2 HDMI no embedded audio
    Input 3 HDMI no embedded audio

I am only using the audio source plugged into input 1
    I have set the audio mixer to have inputs 2, 3, 4 to take audio from Mix 1 so I can record the individual cameras with house audio.

No the problem
    Audio 3, 4 are working fine and mirror exactly the program out which is routed to the Mix 1 but Audio 2 is varying between, no audio - double the level - one channel only. I have checked and checked that audio 3 and 4 are set up the same and they are. Does anyone have any idea why audio to not working as 3 and 4.

I have AE3 Build No. 7-0-190207C

On another point I tried to use the session as a template to create a spare and the Tricaster just hangs up.

Weird on the audio. On the session it copys all your media as well so if you have a lot of big files it will take potentially a long time to use as a template. I believe hitting escape stops the transfer process, but it's better to use a template with minimal assets loaded, obvs if they are needed then you'll just need to put the kettle on and have a cup of tea whilst it copies over.

Assuming you have same type of cams going into each input? Also what's going into input4? If you swap input 2 with input 3 does the fault follow the physical device or remain only on the input?

OK the audio on Input 2 has sorted itself out but I no longer have audio out on the line out socket. The is sound out on the Headphones. Is this a sound card fault?

Oh and another fault pluged the output into the OB Truck and their Grade 1 monitor states the signal is 1080i 49.5Mhz not 50 what is going on.

I have gone into the Master Audio setup and selected the GUI monitor as a Supplemental Output Device and the sound is distorted like listening to a dalek.
    Last edited by frank.leggett; 03-14-2019 at 07:00 AM. Reason: more information

OK I think I have sorted the sound. I started a new session and I have sound back on the Line out socket. I guess this is a corrupted session.

yeah sounds like the Daleks attacked that session. Burn that session to the ground!