Thread: Networking TC1 with macs

Networking TC1 with macs

Hello everyone,

I am not a networking guru and hope someone could point me in the right direction. I have a TC1 thats on a LAN consisting of iMacs and an apple server thats used for file sharing only. This is a school class. I have an external drive on the TC1 and use it to record our daily broadcast. Is there a way I can share that drive so the students can drop content in it to be loaded into a DDR or GFX?

Ideally they would look in the network and see that drive only. I can do that on the macs but am lost in windows. I am also not sure what I can touch on the windows OS without causing TriCaster problems.

I did search the forum and youtube but haven't found what Im looking for. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Mike

In the TriCaster's Live Desktop interface, inside the File menu is an option called 'Share Media Folders and Buffers'. If you check this option on, then shares will be created for the current session. The 'Clips' and 'Stills' folders will point directly into the current session you working in.

Make sure that students aren't transferring data while you producing an event. The extra load of copying data can cause issues.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.