Thread: Control Surface Mapping incorrect after TCAE3 Update

Control Surface Mapping incorrect after TCAE3 Update

Hi,

We upgraded to AE V3 on our TC860, after which the mapping on the control surface (CS860) had changed.
    The ME 1-4 delegate buttons no longer work, whereas ME 5-8 delegate buttons do still work as before.

Is there a reason that this has changed? Will I need to/be able to remap the CS860?

The buttons i am talking about are circled in the attached image ... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CS860.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	144179

AE3 CS mapping, for a number of reasons, confirms to the workflow designed for the newer TC1 and VMC1 platforms that share the same software and provide similar features. As mentioned in the"What's New" doc shown on first launch, full details can be found in the User Guide.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hi Steve,
    Thanks for your reply. So am I then correct in saying that those ME1-4 delegate buttons will no longer work on the CS as they are no longer "supported" ? But ME 4-8 will?

No, that's not it at all. The buttons will work, but have new functionality assigned to them. Access to M/E's has likewise been remapped. I can't write this all out, as I'm in an airport having breakfast (sorry), but it's all in the manual.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Thanks Steve,
    I had looked at the manual, but obviously missed something. I'll have another look. Thanks for your time and response - Always appreciated!

Try pressing the Shift, ctrl and alt keys on the CS one at a time while pressing the M/E 5-8 keys. I had to do something similar on out TC1 Short board. It works, but it's not as smooth a work flow as on our 460 AE2 Control Surface.
    Tricaster 460 Advanced Edition 2, Tricaster 40 V1
    2 Sony PXW-X70 Cameras, 2 Panasonic AG-HMC40P Cameras
    VSE 2.5 - VSE Advanced Edition, A bunch of Doo-Dads and cables

I've worked on creating a 860CS layout for AE3. Here is my diagram.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	860CS-AE3onTC860.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	223.4 KB 
ID:	144236
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Malapati View Post
    I had looked at the manual, but obviously missed something. I'll have another look. Thanks for your time and response - Always appreciated!
    You know, looking at this in a little more depth this morning, I think there may a bug here, specific to the 860 surface. I'll try to find one to test when I find a few minutes to do so, but please do go ahead and submit a bug report (feel free to quote me in it). I think that the difference between the the M/E delegate layouts of the 460CS and 860 CS might have been overlooked in the 860CS implementation for AE3.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator

ok... so with a brand new install of a TC460 and 460 CS - i noticed that PTZ select PTZ store are no longer labeled on the CS- what is the key combo to select and move a PTZ camera with the CS joystick?