Thread: Dragging keys in graph editor is weird in 2019

Dragging keys in graph editor is weird in 2019

Has anyone else noticed this? I am finding it really hard to reliably drag keys right and left along the timeline in the graph editor with ctrl-drag. Something definitely changed between 2018 and 2019. It sometimes works but sometimes they flat out refuse to budge. It’s really strange.

Mac user.

Yes, Mac user too. There’s a few elements littered throughout the UI that I’m finding harder to select or move around. To be honest, I thought it was me but now you mention it I’ll make a list as I find them and put in a report. Please do the same

I certainly will do that. And I am glad it’s not just me having trouble. The problem is that I am having trouble describing the behavior beyond: “there are gremlins in my lightwave” which ain’t gonna fly with support. I might have to make a video for them.

TrueArt Support
    1) run desktop recording app.
    2) record what you see and show it to NewTek devs.
    3) wait for update.

Along with a slightly more buggy version of lightwave the Mac has excellent built-in desktop recording, and it wouldn’t be the first time i send newtek a video. I just hoped someone had already gone through the trouble before I took the time.

Is this problem occurring with or without an added viewport window? Toggle this to see if it makes it better/worse.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

It took a little time to isolate what was happening, but I have submitted a bug report with a video about this. It appears to have something to do with zooming in in the graph editor. The more you zoom the wonkier the key dragging becomes.

Yep I have same problem with GE in lw2019.

Just an update to this issue. I just noticed that this behavior fixes itself if you enable fractional keyframes (I accidentally enabled fractional keyframes via some hotkey or something and suddenly dragging keys left and right in my GE was smooth as butter again). Obviously we should be able to drag keys smoothly even without fractional keyframes like in prior versions, but an acceptable workaround might be enabling fractional keyframes in the GE settings and just tapping q after each edit to snap to keys.

Hope this helps someone. Now I can actually ENJOY the new GE with multiple undos.