Thread: NDI with Skype & OBS -- no audio

NDI with Skype & OBS -- no audio

Came up empty over on the OBS forums, figured I'd run it up the flagpole here. ANY help is greatly appreciated.

For the last 2 weeks, bringing in a Skype user via NDI Plugin for OBS has been terribly unreliable. The video is just fine, but the audio isn't being recognized in OBS. There's times where the audio is right there in the mixer interface on OBS and working just fine...and then literally seconds later, it's gone and won't register.

Does it sound like a Mac problem, OBS, Skype settings etc? It had been working fine and I don't recall changing any settings. I do have a virtual audio capture app 'Loopback' but I don't have any of the inputs enabled in my OBS set up

I'm hard-wired into my Cisco router (wi-fi enabled and connected to my secure network), running on Mac, Mojave 10.14.3, OBS 22.0.3 and Skype 8.39.76.176.
    Last edited by plzhalp; 02-14-2019 at 11:06 AM.

I haven't tested recently, but the PC Version used to only send the incoming audio, not a full mix, out via NDI. Is all audio missing or just one end?
    John Erbicella
    Experienced in TriCaster, OBS, and various streaming solutions
    Web: http://www.jperbicella.com
    Twitter: @JPErbicella
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/jperbicella

Quote Originally Posted by jperbicella View Post
    I haven't tested recently, but the PC Version used to only send the incoming audio, not a full mix, out via NDI. Is all audio missing or just one end?
    I had been using it for months and it was a clear, full mix -- both video and audio from Skype being broadcast into OBS.

Recently, it's video only, no audio from Skype is being recognized in the OBS mixer. I can hear my guest perfectly fine, audio is registering on Audacity, etc....just for some reason OBS isn't able to detect any audio. And on the Mac version when you select 'Properties' on the NDI Source, the only options are video related, there's no audio related settings (though, it's always been that way)

Maybe try connecting to Studio Monitor on an external system on the same network and see whether the audio is missing from the NDI stream, or OBS just isn't finding it.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")