Thread: Using Interchange to update FBX Motions

Using Interchange to update FBX Motions

I’ve used the new Interchange FBX feature in LW 2019.0.1 to import a character and a basic walk cycle from iClone 7. I’ve gone through the work of updating the textures to work with Octane thanks to the PBR Importer from Origami Digital tools.
    Now I want to replace the walk cycle with the character sitting down. The question is, how can I use Interchange to keep the character mesh with the Octane textures and update it with the new FBX motion of the character setting down?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Don’t panic unless you have to

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota Joe View Post
    I’ve used the new Interchange FBX feature in LW 2019.0.1 to import a character and a basic walk cycle from iClone 7. I’ve gone through the work of updating the textures to work with Octane thanks to the PBR Importer from Origami Digital tools.
    Now I want to replace the walk cycle with the character sitting down. The question is, how can I use Interchange to keep the character mesh with the Octane textures and update it with the new FBX motion of the character setting down?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    I have not done this in LW but in my other applications I create a Motion Clip from the animated FBX and appy it to the rigged and textured character, maybe the same is possible with the LW Motion Mixer?