Thread: Wind Overriding Motions of Particles

Wind Overriding Motions of Particles

Dear Friends,

Correct me if I am wrong but it seems that if particles have some special motion (like explosion or vibration) as soon as we assign a wind with animation path style then their motions get ignored and only follow the path specified by the wind.

How can I have particles to have their own vibration stuffs and follow the path at the same time?

Here's a sample scene I posted last October which may help, but maybe not:

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread...=1#post1557091

The basic idea is to have a Child Emitter on a Parent Emitter in two separate FX Groups. The Parent Emitter is in one Group along with the Animation Path wind, and the Child Emitter is in the second Group, whose emitted particles are then affected by a separate set of influences (e.g. a Turbulence wind).

As well, you can reduce the Resistance of the particles emitted which will cause them to be less affected by the Animation Path wind. However, at some point the additive effect of the Animation wind will override whatever original motion the particles had originally.

And, finally, remember you can animate the nodes in the Animation Path, which will change its influence over time. For example, you might put a Noisy Channel modifier on the nodes, shaking them around which will affect the particles.

Good luck!
    mTp

Hi mTp, glad to see you again.

Sorry I did not look to see if this question is being asked so I wasted some space here.

Thanks for informing me mTp.

Hi Farhad, yes good to see you here again as well!

It took me quite a while to find that old thread, and I knew exactly what I was looking for! No problem at all!

mTp