Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Brent's Lightwave 2019 Render Challenge

How about you stop telling the mod how to do his job? How about we just delete this whole useless thread?

Deleted with apologies to Tobian.
    Last edited by TheLexx; 02-13-2019 at 05:29 AM.

how about being nice to each other..it's not a bodycount based game trying to rack up corpses with nasty replies.
    post your render time results...
    stee+cat
    http://www.cresshead.com/
    http://www.monster2u.com/
    http://www.f9render.com/
    http://www.greencustard.com/

Q - How many polys?
    A - All of them!

You're right.

head of NewTek LightWave said they would add GPU support for rendering.
    10-15 years ago.

-------

LW2019 is a nice update

-------

GPU support is harder to implement, hence why it wasn't available in LW2018.
    the main focus of LW2018 was the major Mesh Engine update. it was little time for other stuff.

-------

sure, hope to see GPU support in the near future. Basically Everyone is jumping on that ship, and for a good reason.
    Last edited by erikals; 02-13-2019 at 06:34 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post
    head of NewTek LightWave said they would add GPU support for rendering.
    10-15 years ago.
    -snip-
    and this is why LW is getting ever more tight lipped, because if the janitors cats neighbor's says something about maybe there being a feature, possibly... people copy and paste it into every thread and hold it like the sword of damoclese over their head as a feature which they promised...

Quote Originally Posted by Marander View Post
    Ah but these horrible and racist click bait images and personal comments from safarifx are not moderated. They come from a different corner, I see.
    I haven't looked at the videos, or really even contemplated the images in the posts. Frankly, I'm not even sure what those posts are meant to be getting at - either too subtle for me or outside my personal frame of reference. If you think they are objectionable, instead of jumping to conclusions about moderation, do the right thing - report them, and your complaint will be given serious consideration.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

i'm simply saying, GPU support can't possibly be that bad. if NT wanted it some time ago.

but, it is a wish, so ending it with that. over and out.

--------

Brent, don't get upset by critique. Relevant or not, we all get that from time to time.
    Last edited by erikals; 02-13-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

OK, first, yes - it's true. I sleep at night (Texas time), so you can - temporarily - get away with a fair bit of tomfoolery overnight. But many who have posted here are correct. This thread was started under a false premise, although it didn't need to be. Nevertheless, setting that aside, there's nothing much untoward about the topic, which as (others have noted) is one that turns up periodically unaccompanied by anything more than the usual array of diverse and occasionally informative views. Still, some on this or that side of the issue have chosen to express themselves about others in ways that are not welcome in this forum. Peacemakers have tried to make peace; ranters have ranted; those who don't take any $%^& from anyone have yet again failed to realize that, being mere mortals, they don't know everything and thus should consider differing views respectfully; and the mature majority, I expect, have just sighed wearily.

I'm tired of this. It's over. I'm going back to my coffee. If someone wants to start another clean cpu-versus-gpu thread, feel free. If someone feels some aspect of that thread is out of line, report it rather than rant. Such reports are considered and appropriate moderation is applied if warranted, at the discretion of moderators.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112