Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook issues (again)

I didn't see this thread but was linked to it and posted my own problem with this same issue. Not only did Facebook break it in the TriCaster, it also broke in my NewBlue Titler Live too. We have been having fun with our fans during the games by putting their posts up on our live stream during our games. One post starts a mad rush of people wanting to see their post on the air. That in turn has really brought our view total up. Our last stream was well over 1000 which is great for a small town. Last night, I had to break it to the people that we could chat on Facebook during the game but I could not put up their post during the game.

update?

Quote Originally Posted by SBowie View Post
    FYI. I'm told the issue was fixed today, but needs to pass scrutiny by QA before release. Hopefully this won't be long ...
    has it been fixed?

I'm told QA is still vetting the build, release expected imminently, but could slide to early next week. They'd probably give you a beta if you emailed them, though, if you're inclined to take a chance.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I'm told QA is still vetting the build, release expected imminently, but could slide to early next week. They'd probably give you a beta if you emailed them, though, if you're inclined to take a chance.
    thanks steve. what's the email?

--
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

I recently purchased the new AE3 software but haven't installed it yet. Because of this share app issue, should I wait for a new edition to be published?
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director
    TriCaster: Mini (with AE)
    Live video production and streaming

Seeing as this is a change on facebook side that broke for publishers I have to imagine any version of the newtek software would have issues at the moment. My understanding from above is that you can continue to publish by using the Custom Destination and putting in the RTMP data that can been accessed from the video page on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by stp_productions View Post
    Seeing as this is a change on facebook side that broke for publishers I have to imagine any version of the newtek software would have issues at the moment. My understanding from above is that you can continue to publish by using the Custom Destination and putting in the RTMP data that can been accessed from the video page on facebook.
    Make sure you keep the web page open that you get the RTMP settings from and once you have started the stream you click Go live on that web page. Otherwise you are streaming into the abyss and no one sees the stream. I fought with this last week and I was less than happy with every aspect of my production (except Newtek).

Quote Originally Posted by danbricker View Post
    Make sure you keep the web page open that you get the RTMP settings from and once you have started the stream you click Go live on that web page. Otherwise you are streaming into the abyss and no one sees the stream. I fought with this last week and I was less than happy with every aspect of my production (except Newtek).
    No fun!

I usually go live about 10 prior and have the customer set the video to auto publish at the correct time once we validate we are all good.

Thanks guys for your thoughts on this issue. I'm still using AE2 for now. I will wait on installing AE3 until a new version is released. In my list of stream connections, I created a stream to Facebook manually connection just under my regular share app connection. When I opened the browser window it auto loads the NewTek web page. I opened another window and navigated to my churches FB page and then Publishing tools, Video library where you see the +Live button. I copied the URL and went to Internet options and pasted it after the NewTek page default. Now when I have to stream manually the browser window opens up to just the right page where I click +Live and then put in my stream titles. I am using a persistent stream code so it is quick and easy. Now I have a nice backup when the Share app doesn't work. It would be nice if NewTek could be notified by Facebook ahead of time before they make changes to their API. I'm sure NewTek would rather be proactive than reactive to this issue.
    Last edited by mark_gnmtd; 02-10-2019 at 08:17 PM.
    Mark Hammonds
    Technical Director
    TriCaster: Mini (with AE)
    Live video production and streaming

Hey Steve,

Any updates on the Facebook fix? I have to head out to my friend's problem Mini on Monday morning for something else and would love to be able to install the update. We used the custom connection last time, but Facebook is being really weird about the usage of a persistent key and keeps unchecking itself on their site... which is not your problem, but making having to go to Facebook every time and copy and paste in the key more hassle when the key mysteriously changes on its own.

Thanks!
    Kris
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

I did this and when I click stream on the Tricaster then load back up Facebook it just sits there saying it is waiting for the feed. All the numbers show it is going through I just can't see anyting.

Quote Originally Posted by ngartside View Post
    I did this and when I click stream on the Tricaster then load back up Facebook it just sits there saying it is waiting for the feed. All the numbers show it is going through I just can't see anyting.
    I had trouble with that too. If you have the persistent key checked, try unchecking that and using a different stream key for each event. I found the persistent key was not sticking and so I ended up streaming into nowhere.

Kris
    TriCaster: 850, 850 Extreme, 855 & 8000
    CG: LiveText2 - With LT[Scoreboards]
    Cameras: Sony NX5 (SDI & ATEM with Tactical Fiber)
    Macros: YoungMonkey MasterControl, Belkin N52

So we hit Stream and even though it never shows inside Internet Explorer it did show up on the stream. I tried it on one of our smaller pages before testing it on my page and it did work.. just frustrating because it is still an unknown.

So thinking that the fix for Facebook was in I downloaded the latest AE2 build. Tried installing it, which seemed to go fine. But, after firing things up all video inputs were blue. And the system seemed very slow responding. I made a new session and same issue. I rolled back and things seemed to be back to normal.

I did notice the NVidia driver was 389.xx or such. Is this the issue?

FYI, this is on a newer 8000.

Any thoughts?

Fritz Golman
    Museum of Broadcast Communications

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast