Thread: Newtek Vs4000 Audio Routing & Dante Features

Newtek Vs4000 Audio Routing & Dante Features

I'm looking to pay someone to program me a solution to a problem I'm having with my Newtek VS4000. I do not own a Tricaster nor do I particularly want or need one. But the Newtek Vs4000 Talkshow system I would like to work.

The problem is I can only split channel 1 & 2 not channel 3 & 4. Also this unit only supports Dante Inputs and not Dante outputs. If I can solve either of those I would be able to Mix-Minus those channels. Currently I can only mix-minus channels 1 & 2 which is extremely frustrating.

Thank you for your time! I hope you are the person who I can hire to program/find a solution for me.

My recollection is that in a pinch you can use the headphone output to split out channels 3 and 4. SDI de-embedders could work, too; or you might work something out with the NewTek Connect app (I think the free version supports a couple of NDI inputs which could be split out to an audio card).
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

Hey SBowie thx for the reply. We did that the headphone out can be set to only split out only 2 signals! We also got very audible clicks and pops when using the Disembedder.

Well, that's what you're going to get from a stereo plug, right? But the other two channels are available from the analog connectors on the backplane.
    --
    Regards, Steve
    Forum Moderator
    ("You've got to ask yourself one question ... 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, spammer?")

We are using an SDI embedder/de-embedder (Aja HD10) and it works perfectly, doing exactly what you want done with the Talkshow. I have also used the 2 analog outs coupled with the headphone jack via a 1/4 to dual XLR spltter to get all 4 channels.