Thread: A LW release for the Graphic Design market..How would it look like?

A LW release for the Graphic Design market..How would it look like?

So tell us,
    if Lightwave did a release that addresses the gaps (and there area lot) it has for the Graphic design Market, how would it look like?
    What features would be essential for that market?

It is not enough to say, be more like Cinema 4d, there has to be specific things that the program needs.(I can name a couple)
    I am looking forward to your comments and ideas.

-R
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

This was attempted with Lightwave Express 3D...not that it cannot be attempted again. There should definitely be a welcoming path for new LW users.

The market is challenging to crack when many designers already have "sufficient" access to basic 3D tools in Photoshop. Adobe's reach into this market is growing with their recent 3D acquisitions.

https://www.studiobacklot.tv/trainin...s-3d-chapter-1
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

make the app have standard navigational options as in other apps for a start, so people can just pick it up and be instantly familiar with it. that would extend to the ui.

I would also make a file format that contained the lws and the lwo's inside, so that you didn't need content directories and multiple files. basically a zipped up content folder which could have textures etc external as a user option.

id extend the psd saving capability too and add in all photoshop blend modes to nodes (ive requested this and NT aware)

Then Lightwave would need features that can focus on areas like broadcast graphics because I don't see much benefit tailoring it for print. Light effects are wasted once it converts for print unless it's really done in a very high quality printer. Even then some quality will be lost because of the nature of it.
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

A couple of Suggestions for the Lw development group.

* You need support for nondestructive True type text in Layout. Nodal support would be great too, but allow it to have an individual input box in Layout.
    * Illustrator like vector drawing tools for modeling Layout would be awesome.
    I would only request: Lines, polylines and polygons(with flat primitives). And of course Bézier curves and bezigons.

* You need support for vector formats for import in Modeler (AI/PDF/ SVG)
    * and this is a pie in the sky idea..Allow me to SAVE images in a vector format.(PDF)
    This message does not reflect the opinions of the US Government, CG Networks or CGTALK.com. The opinions expressed on this posting are on my own volition.

It would be great to be able to draw splines in Layout (with bezier handles) that you could easily turn into extruded cylinders, ribbons, etc., with live control over thickness, shapes, etc.

Those sort of 'realtime' modeling features would help.