Thread: TC1 Macro change questions

TC1 Macro change questions

Hey there,

I've been starting to mess around with the macro system within the TC1. I was curious if there was a way that I can put IN a macro the ability to change what key triggers a macro?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macroattempt.png 
Views:	47 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	143920

Specifically speaking in this example, at the bottom i'd like to put in the macro to change the current keybind (lets say in this example for ease i have it keybinded to "A"), so that "A" now triggers an end macro.

So the workflow would look like this:

I hit the keybind "A", it starts this macro (which changes DSK1 for M/E1 to a DDR file that I want to play on repeat until I turn it off). Once the macro has completed and I have the video file playing on repeat, it'll change the macro thats triggered off hitting "A" to the end macro.

Or is there a different way of accomplishing this task that i'm not thinking of? Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by DKrase; 01-22-2019 at 01:53 PM.

The 2nd macro that i have as an "end macro" looks like this: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macroattempt2.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	143921

And then at the end of this macro, i'd ideally add in another line that tells the TC1 to change "A" back to the original macro to be fired off again when I need to

You can't change the trigger of a macro from from another a macro.

However, I think what might work for you is the macro pause feature if your system is running Advanced Edition software. Create your macro that has the 'parts' you need it to do. Then edit the macro, manually insert a empty line where you want to pause your macro and manually enter #pause as the shortcut. Now when you run the macro it will process until it reaches the pause command, then you can press the continue paused macro short cut (default is the ~ key). Then the macro will continue. You can put multiple pauses in macro if needed.

Does that do what you are looking for?
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Yes it does! Thank you for your help.