Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: LightWave 3DŽ 2019 is Now Available - Official Discussion Thread

There have been a few noted improvements that aren't brought up by the official demo videos. I wish I had the 2019 manual in PDF fashion so I could leave notes and bookmarks on what isn't fully covered. (Of course, that requires a pro PDF reader, which I won't purchase from Adobe.)
    System:

i7-8086K / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM

I haven't tried it myself, but in the Microsoft Edge browser, you can apparently leave annotations and notes on web pages in Windows 10.

B
    Ben Vost - NewTek LightWave 3D development
    LightWave 3D Trial Edition
    AMD Threadripper 1950X, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 32GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB and 768 CUDA cores) and GTX 1080 (8GB and 2560 CUDA cores) driver version 430.86
    AMD FX8350 4.2 GHz, Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium 64-bit, 16GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GTX 1050Ti (416.34, 4GB and 768 CUDA cores)
    Dell Server, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Xeon E3-1220 @3.10 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Quadro K620
    Laptop with Intel i7, nVidia Quadro 2000Mw/ 2GB (377.83 and 192 CUDA cores), Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 8GB RAM
    Mac Mini 2.26 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 10.10.3

I should update my Avatar Verlon's Avatar
    There are other ways to edit a PDF. The default Mac preview app will do it.
    Verlon Smith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4i3XnbEKBw&feature=plcp - shameless prommotion for my daughter's horror (by 4 year old standards) story.

i use the free PDF-XChange Editor, works alright

allows sticky and text-box
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    You are putting together pieces of two different things, the price you paid versus what the announcement said. They do not go together.

The announcement for 2019 says that the price from any previous version is $395 USMSRP, except if you are entitled to a lower price under the terms of a previous special purchase. If you bought the 2019 upgrade and were charged $295, that means you were entitled to that price under the terms of a previous purchase you made.

To clear up another narrative that seems to have cropped up from nowhere - no, when the introductory pricing ends, that does not mean owners of previous versions have to buy at full price of a new seat. We've never done that, and have no intention of ever doing so. We typically have had tiers, so for example there would be a price for those who upgrade from 2018, and a price for those upgrading from any earlier version. We'll have a specific announcement on that pricing before the introductory offer ends. (Just for reference, I think that it was $495 and $595 after the introductory offer last year, if I recall correctly.)
    Where will that announcement present itself? Been on board since LW7, and it's great to see LW continue to develop. I want to support that progress, but sadly, money is indeed an issue. I purchased the upgrade to 2018 not too much more than 6 months ago, and it's hard to lay out another $400. Every little bit off will help.

Where will that announcement present itself?
    either in an email you receive, or here in the forums. it varies.
    LW vidz   DPont donate   LightWiki   RHiggit   IKBooster   My vidz

Quote Originally Posted by rayoc View Post
    Where will that announcement present itself?...
    The best place to check is to simply load up your account page on lightwave3d.com and look for the upgrade option for LW2019. There may be a button that leads to more info.
    LW7.5D, 2015, 2018, 2019 running portably on a USB drive on an Amiga 2500 running Wine.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erikals View Post

either in an email you receive, or here in the forums. it varies.
    i find emails lag a fair bit

Newtek finally sent a newsletter to announce LW2019's release. It's late but maybe it's something.
    System:

Quote Originally Posted by djwaterman View Post
    Not only late, but non-existent.
    Something must be off with their Communications Department. I just received another 2019 promo in my e-mail.
    System:

I have the latest drivers that are available for OS X 10.11. That means CUDA 8.0.9, since the product spec says LW works on OS X 10.11 i assume thats OK.

May the sauce be with you starbase1's Avatar
    Can anyone point me at a structured way of learning the new stuff?
    I looked at the videos here: https://www.newtek.com/lightwave/2019/tutorials/

But have jumped all the way from 11.6 they are assuming things I don't know!

I think I need to work through a whole load of stuff, but a few things that have instantly tripped me up....

My displacement mapped moon no longer shows any displacement.
    Where have my beloved dome lights gone?!
    Global illumination on my Jodrell Bank mesh now makes it look like it's illuminated like a disco ball!
    Volumetric lights in another scene became invisible.

Having said that, new defaults seem a lot better, I'm loving the improved FBX import, and looking forward to using seriously huge images.

I'd certainly be interested if there are any paid courses I could buy and download, to work through. Even if I knew some of it, I suspect it would pay off in the long run...
    Faith is the opposite of Intelligence.

Touched by his noodley appendage!
    My Lightwave Graphics & Downloads!!!

Goes bump in the night RebelHill's Avatar
    LSR Surface and Rendering Tuts.
    RHiggit Rigging and Animation Tools
    RHA Animation Tutorials
    RHR Rigging Tutorials
    RHN Nodal Tutorials
    YT Vids Tuts for all

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast