Thread: TC1: Any macro commands that can display the audio mixer?

TC1: Any macro commands that can display the audio mixer?

My setup for sports doesn't have a separate channel for talent talk back so my work flow is that if they need to talk with me I mute their mics on the TC1 while brining up an ambient mic. Then i solo their input channel and I can hear them. I inject my intercom into the return audio they get so they hear me when ever I want without going into the broadcast. Works great but it can be annoying to get over to the mouse and keyboard to swap over to audio and click around. I saw that Audio Mixer has a comp bin so I was able to set up what I needed and save the presets. I can call those via a macro on my Control surface which is 99% what I need. The part that I am missing is the visual feedback that I am 1, using the right comp at a given point in time. Is there any way to call up the audio mixer other than a mouse click on its button? This mouse click doesn't register any actions when recording a macro so I am not sure how else to call it. When I am on the audio mixer tab if I press the any of the delegate buttons for say DD1/2 etc it swaps back to those tabs. I am looking to go the other way now.

Thanks!

Use the macro command shortcut of 'show_external_audiomixer' to have the UI show the audio mixer panel.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

We'll give that a shot thank you!

Something I've done in the past is rig up the macro to also provide a visual indication to the user. For instance, you might have an unused M/E and you can set a MultiView source to that M/E. Engaging the macro will load a certain Buffer image into the M/E to tell you status of audio, and when you run the other macro to switch back, it loads/shows a different graphic. Graphics might say "MUTE" and "UNMUTE" or whatever. BIG LETTERS. Or use COLORS. GREEN and RED, full screen, whatever works for you. I've done all kinds of neat stuff this way.

Thanks

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1

Quote Originally Posted by JPulera View Post
    Something I've done in the past is rig up the macro to also provide a visual indication to the user. For instance, you might have an unused M/E and you can set a MultiView source to that M/E. Engaging the macro will load a certain Buffer image into the M/E to tell you status of audio, and when you run the other macro to switch back, it loads/shows a different graphic. Graphics might say "MUTE" and "UNMUTE" or whatever. BIG LETTERS. Or use COLORS. GREEN and RED, full screen, whatever works for you. I've done all kinds of neat stuff this way.

Thanks

Jeff
    Oh I like this idea. Will try it soon!

This worked out well thank you for the idea. Made a few graphics and tried them out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MVIMG_20190123_201557.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	1,000.5 KB 
ID:	143930
    Last edited by stp_productions; 01-23-2019 at 10:16 PM.

Fantastic, glad I could help!

Jeff
    Jeff Pulera
    Streaming Broadcast Solutions - Newtek Elite

TriCasters: Mini with AE, TC1
    Camera: Sony PMW-X70 4K
    Controllers: All variety of XKeys
    PTZ: Newtek NDIHX-PTZ1