Thread: Inserting overlay Countdown

Inserting overlay Countdown

Hi,hope this is the right place to post my thread.

I believe some sporting event producer can help me on this one.

I have a small boxing event to webcast and I need to create an overlay that will include the following information :
    - the number of the round whe are in;
    - A 2 or 3 minutes countdoun for the round;
    - Logo of the sponser.
    I was told by the producer that the countdown do not have to be link with the official countdown of the judge and It can be generate independently.

This could probably done using Macro and Data link but I haven't got a clue on how to create that and desparate to find an easy solution for this.

I have very little knowledge on Macro and none in Data link.

Any help would be appreciate.

Claude

What model TriCaster? The title templates with DataLink can handle everything you mention as long as your TriCaster is running Advanced Edition, or is a TC1/VMC1 system.

I've written a DataLink countdown timer application you can install on your TriCaster which can do the clock part of what you are asking for.
    http://kanelp7.wixsite.com/kanesworld/datalink-timer

One of the LivePanel scoreboard interfaces should also work if you happen to have a TC1/VMC1 unit with LivePanel.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

Thanks Kanep for the quick response.
    I have a 460 model with AE latest edition
    What is Live Panel?

I will download your app. and see if if I can find a way to make it work.
    Like I wrote I have zero experience in DataLink.

It would be great to have a tutorial on how to use Datalink in different situation.

Live Panel is for TC1 and VMC1 system, you have a 460 so it isn't an option in this case.

On the page where you can download DataLink Timer is a video that shows how to use the application and how to enter the DataLink keys. There is also another app on my site called 'DataLink Titler' that you could use to manually enter the other data on the title, you can run both from the same web browser, just use multiple tabs.
    Kane Peterson
    Key Accounts Sales Engineer
    NewTek, Inc.

You could try using PowerPoint with the SimpleSupers.com app. It generates an alpha channel and uses your displays for key and fill into your production switcher. You could probably use a video clip for the countdown.